Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
Fantastic Synergy
Damiana & Cannabis
by barton
Citation:   barton. "Fantastic Synergy: An Experience with Damiana & Cannabis (exp90004)". Erowid.org. Aug 15, 2018. erowid.org/exp/90004

smoked Damiana
    smoked Cannabis (plant material)

BODY WEIGHT: 8 st

I've known about damiana for some time, but due to more obvious entheogens being available I passed up the chance quite often.

Then my friend one day, on a search for tobacco substitutes ordered some around the same time I quit smoking tobacco.

We mixed it with weed in a joint 70/30 damiana to tobacco perhaps. The immediate effect was a rush of energy, I was very surprised! I felt very giddy and upbeat and I was getting pleasant body sensations which made me very tactile.

Since then I've been using damiana in joins instead of tobacco and the high always seems to be amplified. Many of my friends agree although some don't like the taste.

I think it serves to bring out weeds more psychedelic side. Weed usually gives me visuals but along with damiana everything is much more novel - it seems to provide some mental clarity as well. My body is taught to be calm by damiana.

The tea also has mild effects, though I stress the mildness - why do people complain about subtle highs? Damiana fulfills the sensation of smoking without leaving me hopelessly addicted like nicotine - it is also nicer on the throat over time (no lingering taste)

For 2 an ounce I really can't complain about this herb one bit and I'm sure we'll have a beautiful future together.

It also seems to help calm me down before strong entheogenic trips. Meditative indeed!

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 90004
Published: Aug 15, 2018Views: 2,464
Damiana (107), Cannabis (1) : General (1), Retrospective / Summary (11), Glowing Experiences (4), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Unknown Context (20)