Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,376.

Donate by Bitcoin
Never Trying Again
Caffeine
by Rtkcomics
Citation:   Rtkcomics. "Never Trying Again: An Experience with Caffeine (exp90097)". Erowid.org. Oct 14, 2020. erowid.org/exp/90097

400 mg oral Caffeine (pill / tablet)

I am a somewhat depressed teenager living in small town with no resources or connections to drugs. Therefore, I often find myself in the grocery store looking for various substitutes.

I did some research on easily accessible, legal drugs, and I came upon OTC meds containing dxm, nutmeg, and caffeine pills. I went over the pros and cons of each.

I had tried nutmeg, and I thought the high was average. I ultimately decided it wasn't worth it because of the depersonalization that was involved. I did some further research on dxm and found that users often had horrible experiences. Therefore, caffeine pills seemed like the best option.

I went down to the grocery store and picked up a pack of vivarin. The cashier (who gives me sketchy looks during every escapade), said that you had to be eightteen to buy it. This pissed me off, so I pointed out that the back of the box said 'for children under 12.' She gave me a subtle touché look, and rang me up. I went home and took two pills (200mg each).
I went to the gym shortly after my consumption. I found it a little bit easier to work out, and I found myself getting motivated by the music. I wasn't feeling anything really significant though. I was beginning to think that caffeine abuse was just another myth. However, when I got home things changed.

As I was taking a shower, I began to feel immensely euphoric. I thought about how happy I was to exist. I beamed about finding happiness through such a cheap and legal drug.

I would say that this point was the plateau. Although I felt euphoric for a couple hours afterward, I didn't get anymore big rushes.

As I was driving to bowling practice with my mom, I began to notice my increased care towards others. I talked about how I would be happy to talk to people around where I live (who normally I can't stand.) I felt relief from anxiety. During bowling practice, I felt notably less uncomfortable around the other kids. My high wore off after about 2 and 1/2 hours.
I took the pills at 2:30, so I figured I'd be able to get to sleep. I was wrong.

At first I didn't think that I would have that hard of a time. I wasn't too jittery or anything, so I figured sleep would come.
I soon realized that I had been lying in bed for HOURS. I normally suffer from not being able to sleep, but this was bad even for me. After another couple hours of frustration I looked at the clock and realized it was 4:00. I probably got three hours of sleep that night and I am unsure how I was able to function the next day. The only thing I can say is that I slept like a baby the night after.

Moral of the story: caffeine pills are not worth it for me. The feeling of restlessness in the night was one of the worst I have ever experienced. The brief euphoria isn't even worth it. I threw out the vivarin shortly after.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 90097
Published: Oct 14, 2020Views: 1,114
Caffeine (11) : Various (28), Hangover / Days After (46), Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2)