Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Delayed Effects
MDMA
by Manisarah
Citation:   Manisarah. "Delayed Effects: An Experience with MDMA (exp90350)". Erowid.org. Feb 8, 2018. erowid.org/exp/90350

2 glasses oral Alcohol - Hard (liquid)
  1 tablet   MDMA (pill / tablet)

[Erowid Note: A substance(s) in this report might be identified incorrectly. Erowid reviewers question the author's identification of the drug described. Although the report is included in the collection, the substance might be something other than the author believed it to be.]

Alcohol delays effects of MDMA

My friend S and I were planning to go to a concert on sunday night, that went from 9 to 3 in the morning. We were hesitating to take MDMA, but ended up drinking a couple of glasses of vodka and juice around 10pm.

We arrived at the concert at 11 pm and did not feel buzzed. Our friends arrived at 12am and had already ingested a pill of MDMA each. They had bought some for us, and since we were not feeling the effects of alcohol, we decided to take a pill each, around 100mg.

T + 1 hour, our friends were fully feeling the effects, however S and I felt nothing.

T + 3 hours, the concert ended, and S and I were still sober, feeling only a very slight teeth clenching for my part.

T + 3:30, we arrived home, felt very tired and thought this was the comedown even though we had not tripped at all.

S went home and I went to bed.

T + 4:30 woke up feeling very agitated in the mind and unable to rest. My thighs were shaking. S and I started to skype and realized we were both feeling the same effects. We felt very energized and saw we both had very dilated pupils.

T + 5:00 we realized we were 'going up' and it was just the start of the trip. We were feeling all the effects of MDMA, urinary retention, slight teeth grinding, felt like moving around, and agitated.

We continued to skype while drinking water, and tried to keep ourselves awake, too scared of the combination of mdma dehydration and alcohol dehydration.

Overview : Many people have warned of the mix between 'uppers' and depressants, and we realized this was very true. Our trip was delayed by 4 hours.

We were very disappointed to have tripped in our beds for more than 4 hours.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 90350
Published: Feb 8, 2018Views: 1,393
MDMA (3) : Various (28), What Was in That? (26), Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3)