Calm Pleasurable
Kanna
by Neuphlus
Citation:   Neuphlus. "Calm Pleasurable: An Experience with Kanna (exp90491)". Erowid.org. Nov 10, 2020. erowid.org/exp/90491

oral Coffee
  1 bump insufflated Sceletium tortuosum (ground / crushed)

I had been experimenting with a small amount of ground kanna for a few months. Normally I had it in conjunction with other psychotomimetics: nothing major, normally marijuana, caffeine, and/or alcohol. I was never able to discern any effect.

One night, however, I was cleaning the house, without anything in my system except for a few cups of coffee. My work drive had mostly petered down, and I was just feeling very exhausted and unmotivated. I was also getting quite hungry but didn't want to prepare dinner just yet. I decided to give kanna a try. I insufflated what I would estimate to have been maybe a tenth of a gram -- a pea-sized amount from the tip of a pocket-knife blade. Initially there was a sharp burning sensation, as is usual with kanna. After about ten minutes, I found myself excitedly flipping through books, then gradually my attitude toward housework improved to where I was back in the swing, as I had been much earlier in the day. My hunger also went away for the next two hours.

I have never noticed any effects which would move me to classify this as a 'party drug' or even anything particularly social in its nature. (Granted, I would say these same about cannabis.) It seems to be closest in nature to what I have heard of the coca leaf, cocaine's far milder and safer precursor.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 90491
Published: Nov 10, 2020Views: 971
Sceletium tortuosum (179) : Performance Enhancement (50), General (1), Alone (16)