Follow @Erowid on Instagram!
I Realize I Was Taking Too Much
MDMA (Ecstasy)
by Overflow
Citation:   Overflow. "I Realize I Was Taking Too Much: An Experience with MDMA (Ecstasy) (exp90541)". Erowid.org. Sep 12, 2018. erowid.org/exp/90541

repeated oral MDMA (pill / tablet)

For me, E never lost its magic. Looking back I realize I was taking too much. I would usually start out the night with 1 to 1.5 pills orally, then switch to one every 2-3 hours or so. On one occasion a friend and I went through 15 pills in 1 night.

What finally made me stop was necessity. I was returning to the states from an elongated trip overseas (3-4 years ish) and I had read up on the quality of E back in the states, and to be honest, I was afraid of the impurity.

For everyone out there taking large quantities, there are only 2 long term effects I've personally experienced. First, short term memory loss from time to time, although this has gotten better over time. Second, a change to my sexual desires. I read a study on this and it is not too uncommon. Normal sex has turned into a need for 'harder' sex as my brain no longer functions sexually along the same path. I completly believe that E causes some form of mild neurotoxicity, and that for me it damaged my 'sexual pathway'. Basically, my brain found a second path to get to the same endpoint. Luckily for me, it has not been quite as extreme as for others. I don't feel the need to have violent sex, just rougher.

[Reported Substance: "around 4-5 pills at a time at least twice a week."]

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 90541
Published: Sep 12, 2018Views: 385
MDMA (3) : Sex Discussion (14), Post Trip Problems (8), Retrospective / Summary (11), Unknown Context (20)