individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
SSRIs, SNRIs Block Its Effects
MDAI & Venlafaxine
by Rocketman
Citation:   Rocketman. "SSRIs, SNRIs Block Its Effects: An Experience with MDAI & Venlafaxine (exp90884)". Erowid.org. Aug 11, 2011. erowid.org/exp/90884

200 mg oral Pharms - Venlafaxine (daily)
  T+ 0:00 100 mg oral MDAI (powder / crystals)
  T+ 1:00 100 mg oral MDAI (powder / crystals)

I have been on Effexor generic 100mg 2x a day for two months. The 2C family of drugs work fine. I can trip and do not need to miss a dose of my antidepressants. Methylone does not work very well, leaving me feeling physically warm and perhaps anxious, but nothing more.

Tonight I decided to try MDAI. Surprisingly there was no literature on combining MDAI with antidepressants. In my experience, SSRIs and SNRIs severely block the effects of MDAI.

I took 100mg, waited an hour and took 100mg. It is now 5 hours later and I can confirm that I had zero effects. It's as if I had taken nothing at all. I had tried this MDAI batch before and had excellent experiences on 100-200mg.

MDAI works like MDMA and so it is safe to assume that most of the effects are being blocked by the SSRIs/SNRIs. Perhaps a higher dose (300mg+) would be sufficient but may not be worth the money.

Again: Antidepressants that act as SSRIs or SNRIs will dampen my experience very much.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 90884
Published: Aug 11, 2011Views: 8,826
Pharms - Venlafaxine (191), MDAI (499) : Medical Use (47), Combinations (3), Alone (16)