Citation: Jez. "I Feel Like I Was Poisoned: An Experience with 5-MeO-DALT / AMT & Alcohol (exp90978)". Erowid.org. Jul 29, 2016. erowid.org/exp/90978
| T+ 0:00
| T+ 6:00
Warning against Alpha Methyltryptamine and 5-MeO-DALT Ė POISON & TOXIC
I just want to introduce myself as a self experimenting medical student of psychedelics and RCís. There are some amazing mind-opening substances out there. And by mind opening I mean literally cracking the space time continuum to understand another dimension. Sadly, I am writing this report as a warning against two research chemicals that are often advertised as psychedelics but are very toxic.
I want to first explain 5-meo-DALT. I ordered 1 gram of this substance and tried it twice. The first time I took 20 mg to test it out. I find it more of a stimulant and was extremely hard to sleep on. A few days later I attempted 60mg and some of the reported effects came through but the negatives were far outnumbered. I was extremely nauseous for nearly 4 hours and developed a headache.
I was extremely nauseous for nearly 4 hours and developed a headache.
As the trip developed I could feel my kidneys working overtime and getting sore as well as some stomach issues. The following day I was ill and my stomach was very sore... like I just had a hard night of drinking.
Next is Alpha Methyltryptamine (AMT). This substance is far more dangerous then 5-MeO-DMT. It has two reported, but unconfirmed, deaths. First time I tried 20 mg of it and noticed the effects. Very similar to a very a low dose of mushroom... however... a very potent stimulant. Its stimulant effects lasted far longer than the psychedelic effects (~15 Hours) and I spent the entire night not sleeping. The next day I had a headache and was dizzy, however I assumed this was from not sleeping.
About 5 days later I sampled the AMT again... this time at 40 mg. I went out to karaoke with friends and had 3-4 drinks as well. I was hoping the additional dosage would increase effects, it did not. Later that night (6 hours later) I got home and again, being unable to sleep, I decided to smoke about 20 mg of AMT with some cannabis. The effects of the AMT stayed the same and only the effects of the cannabis were felt. I spent the night unable to sleep again.
This is where the toxicity comes in with AMT. Total dose was 60 mg over a 6 hour period. The next day I was a wreck and the stimulant effects were felt for well over 24 hours with headache and dizziness. The next night I had dinner and attempted to finish off some work and began getting sick. I spent the second night throwing up everything I put in my body, including water. I had sever headache, body ache, and diarrhea as well. The third day my entire body was a wreck. I could not definitely diagnose the situation, but I am certain that the 60 mg of AMT had initiated serotonin syndrome... something that can cause death. This is my first experience of this and I do not ever want to experience it again. It is now the 4th day and I am still dizzy, weak, having diarrhea, and a slight headache. I essentially feel like I was poisoned.
Most psychedelic substances I can take in very large doses and are quite safe with almost no side effects. Not these. Anything that causes extreme side effects like the above at under 100mg I consider toxic! Please... if anyone decides to experiment with these... be very very careful. There are not enough negative experience reports out there on these substances and had I read reports such as the one I am writing... I wouldnít have wasted my money.
Please be safe and enjoy! I hope this report helps a few of you out there narrow your list of RCís to experiment with! Take care all!
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.