Erowid Relies on Donations From Visitors Like You
Anti-Depressant Spice
Salvia officinalis & Meditation
by Newexplorer
Citation:   Newexplorer. "Anti-Depressant Spice: An Experience with Salvia officinalis & Meditation (exp91477)". Erowid.org. Sep 12, 2018. erowid.org/exp/91477

1.0-1.5 g smoked Salvia officinalis (dried)

I've recently been experimenting with some household spices due to my inability to get my hands on any weed. One of my new favorites is common sage. I've smoked it 3-4 times now but my most recent experience was the strongest I have ever felt.

I smoked the regular amount of 1-1.5 grams. it was very clean and hurt my throat much less than weed or anything else I've ever smoked. After a few minutes I began to feel a mild head high coming on. This soon turned into a tingling directly below my ears (which some personal research has shown the parts of the brain in this area control levels of serotonin) and soon after began to feel slight euphoria and a rush of happiness and peace flow through me.

I then began to meditate and the feelings of stress were melting away and replaced with an all-over feeling of happiness and vividness of mind. The slight tingling slowly faded after a few minutes but the other effects are still lingering after an hour or so.

It is a good way to relax after a stressful day.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 91477
Published: Sep 12, 2018Views: 402
Meditation (128), Salvia officinalis (475) : Alone (16), Glowing Experiences (4), Combinations (3), General (1)