Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Not Worth the Price I Guess
Sceletium tortuosum (5x extract)
by belostenec
Citation:   belostenec. "Not Worth the Price I Guess: An Experience with Sceletium tortuosum (5x extract) (exp91571)". Erowid.org. May 1, 2019. erowid.org/exp/91571

insufflated Sceletium tortuosum (extract - 5x)
    oral Sceletium tortuosum (extract - 5x)
    smoked Sceletium tortuosum (extract - 5x)

I bought the kanna extract at a renowned site and expected at least a slight mood change, but it's been a big disappointment.

I took the extract by insufflation first (around 100 mg) and waited, but after an entire hour had passed I was sure there would be no effect.

Two days later I took the extract orally, in a gelatin capsule (470 mg), having last eaten about 2 hours earlier. This time I didn't even have the placebo feeling of perkiness a shade of which I experienced after insufflating.

Today I tried to smoke the extract as my last resort. I rolled a cigarette of tobacco, sprinkling some 100-200 mg of the supstance over it. No effect whatsoever, only the aroma of the smoke was more pleasant and tasted slightly of incense or of flower potpourri.

All in all, a huge disappointment, this (pricey) extract. Perhaps the stuff they sent me is worthless, but the site has reputation so I don't think that's the problem. I don't know if it's because of my nervous system, body chemistry, rational character or whatever, but I could have as well ingested flour.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 91571
Published: May 1, 2019Views: 563
Sceletium tortuosum (179) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Unknown Context (20)