Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
Similar to Meth but Pounding Headaches
Products - Bath Salts, Plant Food, etc. ('8 Ballz')
by moxy
Citation:   moxy. "Similar to Meth but Pounding Headaches: An Experience with Products - Bath Salts, Plant Food, etc. ('8 Ballz') (exp92543)". Erowid.org. Aug 30, 2011. erowid.org/exp/92543

insufflated Products - Bath Salts, Plant Food, etc (powder / crystals)

[Erowid Note: Cannabis substitute "spice" type smoking blends, "Bath salts", "plant food", "incense", "tea" and similar products generally do not accurately list psychoactive ingredients or dosage on their packaging. Analysis has revealed that ingredients in a single product of this type may vary over time. The component chemical(s) may be different than what is assumed for this report.]

BACKGROUND: I was a heavy/chronic meth user for 6 years. I have been mostly sober for a year and a half, having used only a very small amount a couple of times during this period.

EXPERIENCE:
I tried some 8 Ballz bath salt. I understand why people would use it as a legal alternative to meth, because it is probably the closest thing they will find. It causes the same 'amp' as coke and meth while still producing a similar mental high or euphoria as meth that I don't get from coke.

HOWEVER:
The main problem I found with it is that I get pounding headaches immediately upon use that I don't get with meth. Also, I had serious restless leg syndrome, and was much more overheated/sweaty after using bath salts than meth. The good effects don't seem to last as long as meth's. And then of course there is the crash.

USE AGAIN?:
I think the only way I would use this again is if I had a serious craving for meth and just needed to 'scratch the itch' and snort something similar.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 92543
Published: Aug 30, 2011Views: 9,208
Products - Bath Salts, Plant Food, etc (521) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Unknown Context (20)