A Five Year Love Affair
Cocaine
by shyguy
Citation:   shyguy. "A Five Year Love Affair: An Experience with Cocaine (exp93073)". Erowid.org. Oct 5, 2019. erowid.org/exp/93073

insufflated Cocaine (powder / crystals)

My first experience with cocaine was when I was eighteen. I had dabbled with weed and mushrooms before, but was curious about what coke was like. Me and a very close, very sober friend set off to meet a buddy of mine. He hopped in the back seat and showed me how to cut a line and roll up a bill. We shared a few lines and he hopped out.

It was me and my sober friend. I was driving, waiting for something to happen. I was disappointed at first, but within a few minutes I was absolutely buzzing. I was happy, I was chatty, I was full of these amazing ideas to talk about. My friend was the most important person in the world, I wanted to talk to her about everything and everything.

She suggested switching seats to drive, and I was good with concentrating on the high. As she drove around the city my mind was racing from topic to topic. I was witty, I was charming. I did another line. My friend is the disapproving type, but she was pleasantly surprised at how little I was impaired. Compared to alcohol or weed, cocaine seemed harmless.
Compared to alcohol or weed, cocaine seemed harmless.

Itís five years later, Iím 23 now, and Iíve never had a regular hook up for cocaine. Maybe thatís for the best. But once in a while, a friend of a friend will make a purchase and I jump in on it. My wife wouldnít approve if she knew, but the truth is that cocaine has been good for my marriage. Weíve had some of our best talks when Iím high. I applied for my present job in a burst of courage when I was high. I socialize when Iím high, and I charm people that I would otherwise be too scared to talk to.

I know that cocaine has to be a treat, a special occasion. But it will always have a place in my life.

Exp Year: 2006-2011ExpID: 93073
Published: Oct 5, 2019Views: 664
Cocaine (13) : Glowing Experiences (4), Relationships (44), Retrospective / Summary (11), Various (28)