Feels a Bit Like Low-Dose Iboga
Oxytocin
by Moyshe
Citation:   Moyshe. "Feels a Bit Like Low-Dose Iboga: An Experience with Oxytocin (exp93667)". Erowid.org. Sep 9, 2016. erowid.org/exp/93667

6 drops sublingual Oxytocin (liquid)
  T+ 1:00   sublingual Oxytocin (liquid)

Well, I never thought of trying oxytocin for myself. I figured it was for autistics and generally folks that were not the cuddly-types. I'm super cuddly, so I thought I must have lots of oxytocin. I guess the truth is I have lots of good oxytocin receptors, but not much oxytocin to fill them up.

The reason for my experimentation is to ameliorate my depression, which is a result of lacking a relationship and also lacking meaning in my life (it's a vicious circle).

I put maybe 6-8 drops of OxytocinFactor under my tongue just for the hell of it. So, about 10-15IU.

Within a few minutes, I noticed I felt quite nice... almost happy? Of course I was still aware that I was not truly happy, because this is a chemical (even tho natural), and chemicals can't make you truly happy. At least, they can't make me truly happy. But I definitely felt a hell of a lot better. I had a smile on my face. I was more curious than usual, and more warm. Thinking did not seem impaired.

Only negative side-effect was some minor difficulty breathing.

I tried redosing after an hour, tho I was still feeling the effect of the first dose. I wanted to see how high I could get. It didn't seem to make me any higher.

The only thing I can compare it to is low-dose iboga rootbark. Or maybe a MAOI--but no, it's closer to iboga, I think. Anyway, this still doesn't compare to romantic affection--nothing compares to that...

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 93667
Published: Sep 9, 2016Views: 3,433
Oxytocin (548) : General (1), Alone (16)