Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
I've Smoked It on and Off
Cannabis
by Nothingness
Citation:   Nothingness. "I've Smoked It on and Off: An Experience with Cannabis (exp93930)". Erowid.org. May 22, 2019. erowid.org/exp/93930

80 oz oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine
    smoked Cannabis
    vaporized Cannabis

** Writing this after smoking bud, and drinking two 40 ounces of Budweiser. **

I was thirteen years old when I first smoked pot. Throughout the years I've smoked it on and off. Six years later (right now), I'm writing this report after smoking vaporized dank and also smoking a blunt with friends. I don't smoke it frequently, so when I smoked it today, I didn't have a tolerance to cannabis nor was I accustomed to its effects.

What I have realized today, was that it seems to do is entitle me to thoughts that I wouldn't otherwise experience. Like Carl Sagan many times noted, cannabis seems to let you be more sensitive, a rather rare experience for males. I even cried taking a glimpse back into past experiences of life thanks to cannabis. I'm glad I've been able to support my friends during the times they have been troubled, admitting the harsh circumstances, situations, and realities of life. In life, friends have alluded to me thoughts that troubled them, gay friends coming out to me, among other things. Under the influence of cannabis, I feel a sense of gratitude that people have confided in me.
Marijuana has made me thankful that people in this world are willing to trust me, inform me of what has troubled them, and give me a glimpse into their sometimes nightmarish experiences. I'm glad I could comfort those in need.

I definitely feel as though cannabis can make people, including males, feel empathetic toward others, and feel sensitivity even though it is considered taboo, for men, in Western culture. Peace out.

Exp Year: 2005-2011ExpID: 93930
Published: May 22, 2019Views: 429
Cannabis (1) : Combinations (3), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Retrospective / Summary (11), Small Group (2-9) (17)