The Benefits
Kratom
by kratom420
Citation:   kratom420. "The Benefits: An Experience with Kratom (exp94082)". Erowid.org. Apr 11, 2018. erowid.org/exp/94082

repeated oral Kratom

This report is about the benefits that kratom has to offer, I've been using kratom daily for the past 12 months and still very much enjoy it.

First, a little background - I'm 21 years old, I started using marijuana at age 17 and have experimented with other drugs - mushrooms, LSD, DXM, coke, ecstasy, and pharms, mainly Oxycontin and Xanax. My drug of choice is opiates, I love the euphoria and the way my body feels while on them. Unfortunately after I use opiates I get depressed (normally a few hours after I come down or the next day). I was addicted to Oxycontin and other opiates for around 6 months before I found kratom. I have been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety and Major Depressive Disorder, I'm sure these are part of the reason I loved the benzo and opiate combo.

I was having opiate withdrawals and found reports online that this plant could help ease the painful withdrawals. I called around and found a local head shop that carried it. My first experience with kratom was great - the withdrawals vanished, I felt great, had energy, and was euphoric.

Kratom has since cured my depression and helped with social anxiety, for me its a plant sent from God himself (along with mj haha).

There are a few side effects from kratom that are unpleasant, the constipation and urine retention. Other then that, I enjoy it and find that it mixes well with other drugs but most of the time it gets over-powered.

In conclusion - kratom is a an awesome plant that helps immensely with opiate dependence and depression. Hopefully people wont get out of hand with it, I would hate to see our government get involved with such a wonderful and helpful thing.

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 94082
Published: Apr 11, 2018Views: 748
Kratom (203) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Addiction & Habituation (10), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Not Applicable (38)