Get the Erowid "Words" T-shirt
Contribute $50 and show support for accurate drug information!
Very Poor Sleep Quality
Methadone
by DJMaux
Citation:   DJMaux. "Very Poor Sleep Quality: An Experience with Methadone (exp94434)". Erowid.org. Mar 19, 2018. erowid.org/exp/94434

oral Methadone (pill / tablet)

I got a chance to try methadone a few times a few months ago.
I took it sveral times from 20 to 40 mg a time.
Now I have a sleep quality measuring device that tells me how much light sleep deep sleep and rem sleep I get.

Now the normal amount of deep sleep I get a night is about 2 hours.
But everytime I take methodone I feel a bit ropey the next day.
I noticed that my machine registered almost no deep sleep each time I took some. Last time I had 20 mg of methdone and my maching only recorded 8 minuites of deep sleep!!!

So in conclusion it seems that when I use methadone it seriously lowers my deep sleep. I dont know if it would change if I took it everyday or not but certainly if I do it now and again its really bad for sleep!

Exp Year: 2011ExpID: 94434
Published: Mar 19, 2018Views: 1,519
Methadone (166) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Health Problems (27), Not Applicable (38)