Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
Eating Away At The Sun
Cannabis
by Tynan
Citation:   Tynan. "Eating Away At The Sun: An Experience with Cannabis (exp94961)". Erowid.org. Feb 20, 2019. erowid.org/exp/94961

smoked Cannabis

It was a casual party with several friends, and we had just puffed a couple drags off of a shitty apple pipe. Some were drinking, but I was satisfied with the marijuana. As they were making noise downstairs, I was zoning out on a couch in the upper level. Eventually, I began what can only be explained as 'eating the sun'.

At first it seemed like nothing but a funny illusion at first, but as I thought about it later, I began to see the symbolism in it. I was thinking that it was now dark outside because I had eaten the sun as a result of innocent fun. Then it hit me: we humans are eating away at the world around us. As we indulge in material goods to satisfy our greedy urges for what we percieve is happiness, we are destroying the true source of beauty and joy: our planet earth.

As it was now the night, dark and cold, I worried that it would stay this way. If we continue to harm the planet, it would be nothing but a dark and cold hell. Perhaps our destructive tendencies could even result in the sun itself ending prematurely. Everything seemed to connect, and that day I developed an even greater respect for the environment and nature than I already had. The following morning was perhaps the greatest part, for to my relief the sun had not been eaten.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 94961
Published: Feb 20, 2019Views: 454
Cannabis (1) : Nature / Outdoors (23), General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)