Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Being a Narcoleptic
Aripiprazole
by yellowtail
Citation:   yellowtail. "Being a Narcoleptic: An Experience with Aripiprazole (exp94998)". Erowid.org. Oct 18, 2020. erowid.org/exp/94998

10 mg oral Pharms - Aripiprazole (daily)

I got this medication for something I wasn't sure I had.

During the first week of 10 mg I felt an extreme sleepiness. During the next few weeks I slept all the time, sometimes I didn't realize that I fell asleep. The doctor told me that this effect was not supposed to happen. People usually experience insomnia instead of hypersomnia (sleepy all the time) or narcolepsy (falling asleep without realize it).

I also experienced weight gain, from 50 kg to 58 kg. But I think it wasn't because of the direct effect of the medication. But because I fell asleep all the time.

Exp Year: 2008ExpID: 94998
Published: Oct 18, 2020Views: 1,335
Pharms - Aripiprazole (422) : Not Applicable (38), Medical Use (47), Retrospective / Summary (11), First Times (2)