Citation: flesh of god. "Death and Resurrection: An Experience with 25I-NBOMe & Cannabis (exp95056)". Erowid.org. Jul 13, 2013. erowid.org/exp/95056
My previous experience with drugs is quite extensive but here is as much of the list as I can remember: LSD, AL-LAD, mushrooms, psilocin, mescaline sulfate, peruvian torch, 2cb, 2ci, 2ct2, 2ce, doi, mdma, mda, mdea, 4-aco-det, 5-meo-dipt, 5-meo-amt, aet, 4-aco-met, LSA(hbrw), dpt, ketamine, ketamine analogues. I am probably missing a few. I smoke cannabis and/or spice products daily, I have struggled with opiate addiction on and off most of my adult life. I have tried a wide variety of stimulants and sedatives as well, but I don't really see the point of listing all this stuff.
After reading several reviews, I decided that this was one research chemical I had to try. Frankly, it is the most profound new psychedelic I have tried in years, but I am deathly afraid this is one that going to become widely abused and misrepresented as acid.
So after shopping around, I found a source and ordered a gram of what is fairly pure 25i-nbome. It arrived and I made the mistake of trying to dissolve it in water. DON'T DO THIS IT WON'T WORK. So, I had to painstakingly evaporate the water, scrape up the powder, and redissolve it in 100 proof vodka, then applied it to 3 'books' (9sheets) of blotter and left some aside as liquid, meaning each 'hit' was around 300mcg. Anyone who has laid blotter with acid or anything else before, knows it's not an exact process, so there is room for variability.
Anyway, me and my gf took one hit each, and nothing seemed to be happening except that my tongue was a little numb. So, my girlfriend went for a walk and I sat about sulking waiting for it to kick in. After a while, I decided to take another two hits, and again, wait.
About 20 minutes later, I felt the first effects. And in 25 minutes, I became convinced something was horribly wrong. My stomach felt mildly irritated, but I decided to make myself puke. I was convinced I had accidentally poisoned myself. I have never had such an overwhelming panic attack. I consider myself fairly seasoned with psychedelics, but, nevertheless, I felt I was totally out of my league with this one.
I got on the phone and called my brother and girlfriend for help. Unfortunately, my girlfriend was quite far away and my brother was 45 minutes away by car. So I spent the next hour in a perpetual psychedelic climb curled up in fetal position. I felt like a helpless idiot, that I had gone into this unprepared, that I was a worthless fool toying with a compound like this. This is what was so absolutely horrifying, it seemed like there was no ceiling with this substance.
The TV was on and some academic was rambling on about the knights templar and the inquisition. This was all sinking in to me with a horrible sense of doom and foreboding. The images on the TV were floating off the TV screen, everything that I looked at was rippling with the most fluid psychedelic imagery. I was too terrified to even reach out my hand two feet and turn off the tv. The on/off button seemed to complex to operate for some reason. Everything I looked at made me sick with dread.
Finally, my girlfriend came back and she wanted to take more, but I refused, I told her I had poisoned myself and not to touch it. She felt I was overreacting, and in retrospect I definitely was, but I am normally totally in control with psychedelics, and I didn't want to have to care for her in the midst of my own crisis.
This was about an hour an half after my second dose and this is the point that I started to level off. Finally, my brother arrived and took me out of the house to a cheap hotel to cool off. Getting out of the house made me feel infinitely better. We made ourselves comfortable and smoked some cannabis and some spice product and spent two hours entranced in the visuals, listening to music, and enjoying the now pleasant experience.
After 6 hours I was past of the peak. At 8 hours, I was definitely coming down. We put on my favorite come down movie, fear and loathing, and after 12 hours, I took some buprenorphine and phenazapam and slept well. I was slightly burnt out the next day.
I have taken this substance several times since. I think there are a couple things everyone should note with this.
- The come up can be abrupt. There can be nausea, but this is mostly psychological, and seems more correlated to anxiety. There is a strong tendency to panic during the come up, and I say this having taken heroic doses of various psychedelics in the past. This is especially true with doses in excess of 500mcg. It is hard to differentiate between the come up and your run of the mill panic attack accept of course for the overwhelming visuals. Just remember, the come-up will stabilize within 30 mins to an hour.
- It is extremely visual. The most visual compound I have ever done are the 2C-T compounds. This is a close second.
- I wish it lasted a bit longer. The peak lasts longer than regular 2ci and is way more visual and way more heady, but I always wish it would last just a little longer.
- I am afraid that this is going to show up represented as acid. I am afraid that eventually the DEA will schedule it, given it's effectiveness. So, people, please, don't screw this up. Keep it on the DL and don't go overboard on it. It's easy to convince yourself that you have overdosed yourself on this substance and given how potent it is, it would be easy to take way, way to much.
- This is not a good psychedelic for a first time user. Personally, if you want to try a psychedelic or a psychedelic research chemical for the first time, I recommend 2ci, or mushrooms, mdma, acid has a strong head trip component but at least it's difficult to over do it, but 2ci-nbome is not good for new users.
Sorry if this trip report lacks dramatic language. I have learned having written many reports under many names, that words are completely inadequate for describing these experiences and the tendency for people to hyperbolize the experience tends to glamorize the experience. I saw someone from Narcotics Anonymous describe psychedelics as unique because they are a purely recreational substance. This shows a primary misunderstanding of what psychedelics are all about. Psychedelics are NOT recreational, if you want to have fun, smoke grass or eat pills, or take some E maybe. True psychedelics ought to be respected, we are all at the mercy of these compounds. You may take this substance and have fun, but you may ultimately go through hell and back to get there. If you take a psychedelic, especially this one, be prepared for one earth shattering experience.
Be careful out there.
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.