individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
This Stuff Just Doesn't Know When to Quit
AMT
by latexsanta
Citation:   latexsanta. "This Stuff Just Doesn't Know When to Quit: An Experience with AMT (exp95396)". Erowid.org. Nov 30, 2016. erowid.org/exp/95396

oral AMT

BODY WEIGHT: 10.7 st

So there I was, ordering some MXE from a nice online shop (it not being illegal where I am) whose stuff I trust, when suddenly I think 'well, why not try one of their other pills?'. As I had no experience with it and enjoy trying new things, I bought two pills of AMT alongside the rest of my order. Having looked at other reports I assumed that just taking one would give me a decent trip of maybe 6 hours. Boy was I wrong there!

I took the pill at around 2.30pm, and just lazed around waiting for the effects to kick in. I felt slightly tingly after about 30 minutes, but the real onslaught didn't begin for about another hour and a half.
I noticed that the music I was listening to 'just wasn't enough' had had to start listening to two tracks at once. I was very jittery and excitable, with none of the fear or anxiety I was worried about and had come across on things like LSD.

Eventually I went online and got chatting to someone a mutual friend had introduced me to on the grounds that 'you both take loads of drugs so you're bound to get along'. I spent a couple of hours enjoyably chattering about crap to him - fortunately he was high and so didn't seem too irritated! Afterwards I watched some Red Bull videos of people doing insane stuff (including one of some guy basically skydiving from space!) that really blew me away. While I didn't really get much in the way of open-eye visuals, I did find it much easier to imagine myself 'inside' fantasy worlds or as a manga character (don't judge, manga can be epic on drugs!).

Still, by the time it got to 11.30pm - nine hours after dropping - I was wondering if I was going to be able to get any sleep at all. Despite lying in bed and reciting mantras in a futile effort to get some rest, I was unable to sleep until about 4.30am. That's FOURTEEN HOURS after I took the stuff!

While it was certainly fun, I might wait a little before trying it again so that I can make use of its energy-giving powers at a rave or something like that. And I might take it earlier in the day too...

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 95396
Published: Nov 30, 2016Views: 1,266
AMT (7) : Alone (16), First Times (2)