individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
The Most Bastard of Drugs
Dramamine
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "The Most Bastard of Drugs: An Experience with Dramamine (exp9543)". Erowid.org. Jul 6, 2005. erowid.org/exp/9543

900 mg oral Dimenhydrinate (pill / tablet)

I walked in the door at 10:00, and down the pills by 10:10. My friend advised me to take roughly 18 pills (900mg) based upon his experience, so I did so. This was not a good idea.

I started off, talking on the phone for about a half hour to forty five minutes with my girlfriend. As I began to feel the effects of it, I felt quite heavy and out of place. Thoughts were not sticking in my head and I felt very drowsy. My normal speech impediment was worsened severely.

At first, things started to take on a 3D effect and things slowly morphed and moved all around me. I decided it'd be a good idea to lay down on my bed with the black light on, and just stare at the stuff move. So, I sat around and wanted the fuzzy stuff on my blanket move quickly around in circles. That part of the experience was a lot of fun. Then somewhere in the back of my head something willed it to be a spider...and it became a spider. Soon my room was being swamped with spiders, millipedes and thousands of other gross things. One thing in particular, a millipede of some sort was on my bar, and I crushed it with a VHS tape. As the part I hit squished and started to leak out, the rest of it kept trying to pull at itself and get away. This bothered me, because when I looked back, it was completely gone. So little things like that kept going on and on. I wasn't having very much fun, either. I felt very heavy and clumsy and unsure of my actions.

Some time went on and I started to get scared of things and the trip only got worse. I started having completely lucid hallucinations of my girlfriend and I guess that's when I started fully dreaming. The dream went on and I interacted with her and there's a whole story behind it...but I'm not getting into that. The amazing part is that when you touch them, they disappear.

Unfortunately, I was unable to control myself (first time using such a drug) and begin to become violent and upset over what I was seeing. I started to interact badly with the hallucinations (e.g. pouring soda over the hallucination of my girlfriend.)

I started dreaming she was in the car with a few of my friends and some other odd stuff. I then thought it time for the imaginary girlfriend to go home. Then I started dreaming she cheated on me, and the guy was right there with her and they were doing it in front of me. At this point I simply lost my mind and as they strolled off down my street, I went back inside to grab my knife and headed off at 2:30 in the morning after them.

I must have ran up a local street by me, looking for them about 3 times, and not finding them once.

I wouldn't suggest this drug to ANYONE who is has not had some experience tripping before. This is not a fun drug in any sense and isn't something I'd recommend.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 9543
Published: Jul 6, 2005Views: 12,213
Dimenhydrinate (17) : Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2), Alone (16)