Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
Chewy and Probably Dangerous
Thujone (Thuja occidentalis)
by fatpigjoke
Citation:   fatpigjoke. "Chewy and Probably Dangerous: An Experience with Thujone (Thuja occidentalis) (exp95920)". Erowid.org. Jun 2, 2013. erowid.org/exp/95920

Thujone

I was reading about absinth when I discovered that White Cedar leaves are a source of thujone. I remembered that there was such a tree right outside the front door and decided to pluck leaves from it. I chewed as much as would fit in my mouth (yucky) until it felt like a thick paste. I swallowed it and chased it down with water.

It left the taste and sensation of menthol in my mouth and even more so when I burped (pleasurable). This was all on an empty stomach. An hour later I felt a bit sick (duh). I kept drinking water and the feeling subsided. Next the stimulant effects of thujone began to set in. I became buzzed and felt wide awake for a couple of hours. It was an interesting experience!

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 95920
Published: Jun 2, 2013Views: 4,908
Thujone (437) : General (1), Unknown Context (20)