Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Pleasant, and Long Lasting
Gabapentin & Cannabis
by William K
Citation:   William K. "Pleasant, and Long Lasting: An Experience with Gabapentin & Cannabis (exp96107)". Erowid.org. May 3, 2018. erowid.org/exp/96107

repeated smoked Cannabis
  T+ 0:00 4 g oral Pharms - Gabapentin
  T+ 3:00 4 g oral Pharms - Gabapentin
  T+ 0:00   smoked Tobacco

[Erowid Note: The dose described in this report is very high, potentially beyond Erowid's 'heavy' range, and could pose serious health risks or result in unwanted, extreme effects. Sometimes extremely high doses reported are errors rather than actual doses used.]

Gabapentin Me

Hour One.

This day was spent smoking herb. After running out, I remembered where I had left some Gabapentin. A bit paranoid and anxious (and on an empty stomach) as a result, I decide to take a cool shower, but not before I orally take 4,000mg (five 800mg pills).

Hour Two.

During my shower, as planned, I begin noticing the lovely effects of Gabapentin: a reduction in anxiety (albeit some remains), a strange but pleasant bodily sensation sets in, which can be compared to feeling as though one could do anything requiring physical strength. I feel a bit antsy, like I want to do everything. A good feeling. Gives me motivation, really.

Hour Three.

Iím now in my room, typing this, listening to some of my favorite music, rolling cigarettes. I notice my vision is a bit off, which is to say I think I see things out of the corner of my eye, and light is kind of strange to look at. Besides that, Iím feeling wonderful, am coherent and able to type this.

At this point I am going to re-up. I take another 4,000mg. I chew up the five pills, and wash Ďem down with some diet cola and a rolled cigarette. Gabapentin, or perhaps its filler, does have an unpleasant taste. I find smoking a cigarette after chewing them, or any pill that has a horrid taste really to remove that nasty taste from my tongue.

Hour Four.

I just keep feeling better. I now have no anxiety, my body feels soÖ relaxed. I believe thatís probably a side effect of taking large doses of this medication. I find that smoking cigarettes is more enjoyable than prior to getting high. Still feeling like I can do anything, I am still very self-aware. <--And actually here is a tip to the folks reading this. Watch yourself. Be self-aware. Thatís to say, know what youíre doing, how the drugís effecting you and so forth. Once you lose control, trouble ensues. Iíd also like to say that one needs to be careful when taking medications like this; itís a fine line between getting high and respiratory failure, or liver failure. Gabapentin is sometimes compared to GHB, which again, has a fine line between getting high and overdose.-->

My Experiencial Conclusion.

This drug, for me, is great. In high doses, it helps to reduce my anxiety and depressive thoughts. The high is extremely pleasant, and long lasting.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 96107
Published: May 3, 2018Views: 8,613
Pharms - Gabapentin (183) : Combinations (3), Glowing Experiences (4), Alone (16)