Ltd Ed 'Solve et Elucido' Art Giclee
This reverberating psychedelic giclee print is a gift for a
$500 donation to Erowid. 12" x 12", stretched on canvas, the
image wraps around the sides of the 1" thick piece. Signed
by artist Vibrata, and Erowid founders Earth & Fire.
Took Way More Than Expected
Citation:   brobama420. "Took Way More Than Expected: An Experience with 25I-NBOMe (exp96193)". Jul 15, 2013.

T+ 0:00
3 mg sublingual 25I-NBOMe (liquid)
  T+ 7:00 2 bowls smoked Cannabis  
First off I'd like to state two things:
  1. I do not recommend taking 3 mg of this stuff, especially not for a first time. People have been hospitalized on as little as 1 mg, but I suspect it was due to an interaction from another medication.
  2. I have tripped on acid, 2ci, salvia, dmt, dxm and a few others I can't think of. I'm not the most experienced tripper but I can handle my shit.
Set/Setting: I went to my friend A's house at about 5:30 in the afternoon. At this point I had no idea he had any 25i, but he told me about it and how he hasn't tried it yet and he asked if I wanted to get together with a group of friends and try it out. It was in a small dropper bottle and had a very brown color to it. The website they got it from was very unclear about dosage. We knew we should take about a mg or so, but had no idea if it was diluted or pure.

T=+0:00 6:00 PM. We dosed with three drops under the tongue. At the time we were unaware that we had just ingested 3 mg of pure 25i. I held the drops and saliva in my mouth for a good 45 mins before swallowing it the rest of the way. Anyway at this point we decided to order pizza for later so we didn't have to deal with it while tripping.

T+30 mins. At this point I'm already feeling it in my system. I remember thinking to myself, there is no way possible I'm feeling it already! Well, I was. Things began to breathe a little and I was feeling energetic and euphoric. The pizza guy shows up and I'm already starting to trip. I ordered the pizza with my credit card so I was the one who had to go out and meet the guy in the driveway. I remember he was wearing a red pizza hut shirt, but that thing looked really really bright red. 2c chems make reds and greens really bright for me.

T+1:00. None of us were hungry yet so we tossed the pizza in the corner for a later time. I could really feel it now. The walls were breathing, and I wondered just how far this trip would take me. I was at a +++ after only an hour and that amazed me.

T+1:45. The trip would come on it waves. For a while I have full blown morphing and swireling visuals that would subside only to come on stronger just a few moments later. My memory is a little foggy at this point, but I remember looking around the room at all my friends, and to me it looked like they were a part of whatever was behind them. Everything morphed into a two dimensional surface of sorts. But that wasn't it. Everything began to take on real geometrical shapes. I saw my friends faces and they looked as if they were almost octagonal, not round.

T+2:30. The visuals just kept getting more intense at this point. Everything still had a two dimensional look to it still, but now it looked like everything I looked at had almost a thick crystal, almost transparent 'case' or 'glaze' around it. At this point I was still somewhat mentally clear, but that wouldn't last much longer.

T+3:30 minutes. I was still feeling the drug take me farther and farther from reality, and 'down the rabbit hole'. I started to get worried that we took to much, my other friends were feeling the same way. I got up to walk outside, but my visuals changed at this point. There were no longer geometric patterns, only chaos. Everything I looked at would morph into something else, or simply break apart and spiral away. It had a very digital, and fake feel to it. I needed to get outside. NOW!

T+4:00. We all went outside. Friends A, B, and C were all having great trips still, but me and friend D were on the brink of losing it. He kept saying things like 'OMG how much did we take', and he is a very experienced tripper. I wouldn't have expected him to be that worried, but it almost seemed like he was adding bad vibes to the whole trip with his constant talk about how much we took. I remember talking to Friend B, and for some reason I felt as if someone else had stole his body and it wasn't him at all, but an imposter! I felt betrayed and paranoid that the world had come to that point, but at the same time I knew what I was thinking was crazy. We stayed outside for a good hour. The trip was still in full swing, but my paranoia definitely subsided a lot.

T+5:00. Friend A's mom comes outside to see why were all laughing so much. My paranoia instantly comes back only much stronger. I wasn't thinking rationally. I knew she didn't care that we were taking psychedelics, but the whole parental figure thing still freaked me out. I felt like I almost lost control, as this was a very pivotal point in my trip. Either I would give into the paranoia and have a ride to hell and back, or I could simply let go. We were near the middle of our peak, and I simply let all the whole world go, and I'd never felt better. Instantly rushes of euphoria came back that seemed to almost go hand in hand with the waves of color flowing around me.

T+6:00. We were all staring to come down a bit, So we decided to watch Lord of the Rings. It was in Blu-Ray, but I've never seen HD how I saw it tripping. The whole movie looked like it was shot in like super super HD. Colors contrast really well against each other, and it felt like I was experiencing life in HD almost. We started eating pizza as well. Eating while tripping was a very odd experience. Often I would just forget I was eating until I realized I had an entire mouth full of pizza and had no idea how it got there. It happened to all of us.

T+7:00. The visuals were mostly subsided except for some morphing, and colors still looked really amazing. We smoked a couple bowls of weed and that kept us at about a +++ for another few hours.

T+10:00. Basically back to baseline other than feeling really high still, but not very psychedelic at this point.

In retrospect that was the hardest I've tripped in my life. It was a very good experience, even though there was some difficulty. It showed me a lot about myself. I worry too much about being in control and this drug threw me out of the drivers seat and made me ride in back. At the peak I could have gone one of two ways down or up. Fortunately I let go and had the time of my life. I personally would not take more than about a mg or maybe 1.5, and for a first time I'd stick to just a 500 μg dose just to get a feel for it. The come up was painfully fast at that high a dose and I did feel a slight body load.

The next day I could feel vascoconstriction in my right leg, but that subsided after a few hours. Also for the next 2 weeks or so I had persistent mild visuals, that I still have now, just not nearly as bad. I really have to look for them now.

Be careful. I recommend this to any fellow psychonaut, but this drug is not a joke. Start low and work your way up. I learned a very valuable physical and spiritual lesson from this trip and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Peace out

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 96193
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 19
Published: Jul 15, 2013Views: 4,974
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
25I-NBOMe (542) : Small Group (2-9) (17), HPPD / Lasting Visuals (40), Hangover / Days After (46), Overdose (29), Difficult Experiences (5), First Times (2)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults