Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
I Was Dreaming, Alert the Whole Time
Melatonin & Coffee
by Starcrunches
Citation:   Starcrunches. "I Was Dreaming, Alert the Whole Time: An Experience with Melatonin & Coffee (exp96392)". Erowid.org. May 22, 2019. erowid.org/exp/96392

oral Coffee
  3 mg oral Melatonin

I went to the coffee shop one evening. I decided to get a coffee drink even though it was late and I knew I would want to sleep soon. I had 2 shots of espresso. A few hours later I tried to go to bed, but couldnt. So I took 3 mg of melatonin.

When I tried to go back asleep I had the most amazing expierence. I entered into a dream-like state, but I was alert the whole time. I was dreaming, but I had total control. I could dream myself anywhere or have conversations with anyone. I saw beautiful waterfalls and went into space. If I wanted to open my eyes and become alert to the real world I could at any time.

I woke up the next morning rested and happy and went to work. I wasn't tired despite NEVER actually falling asleep all night.

Exp Year: 2010ExpID: 96392
Published: May 22, 2019Views: 2,161
Melatonin (94), Coffee (173), Dreams (85) : Glowing Experiences (4), Combinations (3), Alone (16)