Help us be a 2020 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Not Nearly as Powerful as Expected
Alcohol - Hard
by That One Kid
Citation:   That One Kid. "Not Nearly as Powerful as Expected: An Experience with Alcohol - Hard (exp96895)". Erowid.org. Sep 12, 2018. erowid.org/exp/96895

0.25 shots oral Alcohol - Hard
  T+ 0:30 0.38 shots oral Alcohol - Hard

Not very long ago, my parents were going over to a friend's house and were taking a pitcher of margarita. Before they left, they asked my brother and me if we wanted to try it, so we accepted. We liked it, so our dad showed us how to make a simple one and let us do so. His dosing recommendation was a half shot of tequila for each of us. He said, 'Now a full shot would do ya pretty good, so make one with a half shot and pour it into two glasses.' I call bullshit, maybe.

My bro and I settled down to watch South Park and drink our drinks after our parents left. Shortly after we started sipping em, I started to feel a slight warmth and relaxation throughout my body. It wasn't very strong, and didn't get much stronger, even after I finished the drink. I got up and walked around the house a bit to see if I was at all impaired. Nothing. Later, we asked our dad if it would be ok to make another, and he said yes.

This time, we decided to make them stronger and see if it would make much of a difference. The only difference I noticed was I could taste the tequila more. I didn't feel any different after finishing off the second one.

Overall, I really liked it, I just think I need a higher dose for the desired effect.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 96895
Published: Sep 12, 2018Views: 552
Alcohol - Hard (198) : Families (41), General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)