Have you used Psychedelics or MDMA
for anxiety, depression, trauma, or PTSD
A Spiritual Experience
MDMA (Ecstasy)
by Respondent 14 / Angeline
From Ecstasy.org Collection
Citation:   Respondent 14 / Angeline. "A Spiritual Experience: An Experience with MDMA (Ecstasy) (exp96977)". Erowid.org. Jul 23, 2012. erowid.org/exp/96977

oral MDMA

[Most of the text below is also a part of the longer version of this account]

The best that I ever felt on ecstasy was something that was not quite happiness nor euphoria, but rather a profound and perfect sense of unity of mind, body, spirit and soul; and I understood in an instant exactly what happiness and being happy involved; and at the same time I was overwhelmed by a hope that I would someday get there.

I realised that I was looking for something that few people understand or achieve; something that I understand but haven't achieved and cannot articulate. I am searching for a state of being in which mind, body, spirit and soul are fundamentally indivisible yet each feeds the understanding of the other - a feeling that all the words in the world can only understate.

That night I almost found it. Someday I think I might. It is not something I will find alone, but rather by a dynamic combination of factors which have to be in the right place at the right time. I don't see ecstasy as escapism but rather it helps me on my journey, shows me the direction, or perhaps it helps me to see that direction, and
gives me the will to follow it.

I personally don't believe I would have ever reached that point without the use of a psychoactive drug; which is why the 'I don't need drugs to have a good time' attitude is rather puzzling to me. I suppose the question is does it matter anyway, some people get on perfectly without either the use of drugs or reaching that state; my answer would be yes, it does matter a lot, or I wouldn't look for it, and having been made aware for the existence of such a state I don't think I will ever stop looking.

I've been trying to understand for a long time the antipathy towards the usage of chemicals for purposes other than the purely medicinal. And failed, really.

From a 22 year old English woman who works as a research student in computer graphics and virtual reality.

Exp Year: 1999ExpID: 96977
Published: Jul 23, 2012Views: 2,908
MDMA (3) : Unknown Context (20), General (1)