Citation: Pawli. "1st Trip Heavy Nausea Brief Hallucinations: An Experience with Anadenanthera colubrina (exp97118)". Erowid.org. Jan 30, 2019. erowid.org/exp/97118
Summary: A brief, interesting trip complicated by about 15 minutes of wretched nausea and hard sweating.
## Personal Background ##
* 40 year old male
* 87kg / 190lbs
* fit and reasonably healthy
* experienced psilocybin user (about 50 trips over the course of 2010)
* regular marijuana user (approximately every other day)
## Pre-trip Setup ##
I read through info on Yopo and made notes. I made sure that the spaces I would be in were safer for someone who might be very high. Sharp and otherwise dangerous things got put away. Couches and beds were ready for falling onto.
I set out the following:
* paper towels (for nose blowing and cleaning)
* a large bowl (for vomit)
* cold water (for drinking)
* an energy drink (I often get very fatigued on psychadelics)
* notepad and pen
I talked my sitter through what I want them to do:
* Stop me from doing anything dangerous.
* Help keep me calm if I had a difficult or frightening trip.
* Make sure that I was in the recovery position if I needed to sleep within an hour or so of taking the cebil snuff.
## The Trip ##
== T - 00:01 ==
* I divided 0.25 grams of self-prepared cebil snuff into 5 roughly equal lines. (Snuff recipe follows.)
== T + 00:00 ==
* Insufflated ~0.05g of snuff as a test.
* There was mild burning in my sinuses, roughly equivalent to having eaten a bit too much wasabi.
* My sinuses started to run. I tilted my head forward to keep the snuff from running down my throat.
== T + 00:01 ==
* Insufflated the remaining 0.20g
* Unpleasant, but not as bad as feared. Glad that I ground the powder as finely as I could.
* Sinus drip increased. Some made it's way into my mouth. It was quite bitter.
* Fought the urge to blow my nose.
== T + 00:02 ==
* Nausea sets in, as does the initial light high.
== T + 00:03 ==
* High and nausea coming on strong.
* Vigourously blew nose several times.
== T + 00:05 ==
* Nausea just keeps on coming.
* Feel very tired and a bit weak.
* Disoriented. Notes at this point in time are messy and full of spelling errors.
* Move from chair to couch.
* Attempted to watch a comedy that I've seen many times – was far too much stimulation and had to shut it off.
* Sensitivity to everything significantly ramped up.
== T + 00:07 ==
* Start seeing strong patterns behind closed eyes.
* Patterns look like circular ripples in water, of the kind that happen when a stone is dropped into calm water
* The ripples significantly overlap in a regular grid pattern.
* Distorted faces blink in and out in the intersections of the ripples.
* I can hear chanting in the background that verges on becoming chaotic chattering.
* By this time, I am soaked in sweat. The nausea is becoming unbearable and I get pretty worried that I've got another few hours of this coming.
== T + 00:09 ==
* Nausea has abated slightly
* I try listening to familiar music. I'm able to pick out a tremendous amount of detail that I'd never noted before.
* Would be having a good time except for the nausea and sweating.
* Ripple hallucinations fade. I look out the window at trees lit up with full sunlight, their leaves rustling in the breeze. It's very enjoyable to watch. I'd be blissed out, except for the again-rising urge to vomit.
* Try closing my eyes again. The after-images last for what seems a long time and distort as they fade.
== T + 00:14 ==
* Nausea suddenly peaks and I dash for the bathroom.
* After two deep purges, I start to feel better. Nausea and the sweats fade to manageable levels.
* The vomit in the bowl is fascinating to look at.
* Feeling very tired and shaky, but otherwise quite in control. Retreat to my bed.
* Closed eye hallucinations taper off quickly from this point.
* I spent the next 15 minutes lying down and listening to music. Continue to have the experience of being able to pick out much more than I've been able to before.
== T + 00:30 ==
* Drank energy drink. Caffeine seemed to stave of some of the fatigue.
* Vaporized a small bowl marijuana to fight off the nausea.
== T + 01:15 ==
* Largely down. Felt like a smooth tapering off of the high from 0:15 to 1:15
* Still lightly nauseous.
* Still sensitive to stimulus.
== T + 12:00 ==
* Slept well.
* A bit tired.
* Sinuses uncomfortable, as if I had a light head cold.
## Drug Provenance ##
* 3 grams of Cebil beans (22 beans total) purchased at [reputable vendor].
* Age, provenance and storage conditions of beans unknown. In hindsight, I should have asked.
## Snuff recipe ##
* I toasted 1.6 grams of cebil beans of varying size in a frying pan over medium heat until the beans popped. The smell was both nutty and unpleasantly beany.
* I let the beans cool for a few minutes.
* The beans weighed 1.3 grams after toasting. (N.B. The accuracy of my scale is somewhat suspect. Take weights with a grain of salt.)
* I shelled the beans using a sharp knife and my fingers, and discarded the skins. The remaining flesh of the beans weighed 1.1 grams.
* I measured out 0.2 grams of sodium carbonate (aka washing soda)
* I ground the sodium carbonate and toasted bean flesh into a fine powder using a granite mortar and pestle.
* I mixed in enough water to create a runny paste and let this sit for five minutes.
* I used a silicon spatula to scoop the mixture into a frying pan. I spread the mix thinly over the bottom of the pan. This was a finicky process, as the paste stuck to everything.
* I cooked the mix over medium heat until it was a dark brown color and very dry.
* Before the cooked paste cooled, I scraped it off the bottom of the pan and set it aside to cool.
* Once cool, it was fairly hard and stiff.
* I ground the dark chips of cebil bean/sodium carbonate mixture in the mortar and pestle.
* Total weight at the end was 1 gram.
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.