Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Worth It
Sceletium tortuosum
by helloman
Citation:   helloman. "Worth It: An Experience with Sceletium tortuosum (exp97214)". Erowid.org. Aug 24, 2016. erowid.org/exp/97214

insufflated Sceletium tortuosum (extract - 5x)
    sublingual Sceletium tortuosum (extract - 5x)

I ordered 3 grams of 5x extract online of powdered Sceletium tortuosum.

Snuffing was a mistake, it burnt and made me more anxious for some reason. It reminded me of a low dose of diphenhydramine. Vision got a bit blurry and I heard some echoing. Not very pleasant and I knew if I did more it would just make me sick.

Then I took a pinch of the powder and rested it under my tongue. I didn't mind the salty taste, and it dissipated quickly. The buzz from that was the same as a coffee and a couple drags off a joint. Relaxed me but did not last long.

I decided to enjoy the rest sublingually and not smoke any because I couldn't imagine smoking something that tasted and smelled already like spicy clay.

Overall could have been stronger but this was first time. Maybe I'll try another one of the site's brands or try a different site because from what I could tell kanna has some potential to improve one's day.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 97214
Published: Aug 24, 2016Views: 2,309
Sceletium tortuosum (179) : Unknown Context (20), First Times (2), General (1)