Review Erowid at
Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
("Share Your Story" link. Needs quick account creation but doesn't verify contact info)
Certainly Warrants Further Exploration
by Tucy Explorer
Citation:   Tucy Explorer. "Certainly Warrants Further Exploration: An Experience with 2C-P & MDMA (exp97358)". Sep 27, 2020.

T+ 0:00
100 mg insufflated MDMA (powder / crystals)
  T+ 0:00 9 mg insufflated 2C-P (powder / crystals)
  T+ 4:30 100 mg insufflated MDMA (powder / crystals)


An Excellent Experience

A little backstory to the night. Prior to 2C-P, I'd sampled various other hallucinogens, but this would be my first true 2C* trip. I'd had 2C-E before, but it interacted badly with some prescription medication I was on and I wound up going to the hospital. I tried 2C-P on a Tuesday night, dosing orally at about 9:00 PM. I hadn't slept since I woke up at noon on Monday, spending Monday night bingeing on MDMA. Tuesday was spent wandering around in a daze with nowhere to sleep until I nasally insufflated my first point of MDMA at 7:30 (being both unable to sleep and unable to fully function awake). I felt it, and as it started to die down (near midnight) I did the same to another point just as the 2C-P started to take effect. My friend had taken the same dosage of 2C-P, but drank a good deal of hard liquor on top of it. We stayed together the whole night.

The first feelings were just that of a basic hallucinogen. We were at a park near a school late at night, and soon the lights of the school (not more than 200 feet away) started to sort of blur. It was a clear, warm night, but many of our companions (all smoking marijuana) complained about cold that we simply didn't feel. At many points throughout the night, often when we were walking from one place to another, we would take our shirts off due to overheating. It was a clear night, and the stars above us seemed quite clear. This was during the end of a meteor shower, so the occasional shooting star definitely entertained us. The night sky seemed to take on the likeness of a dome, rather than a flat expanse like it usually is.

As we began to enter the peak, we left the first park with our companions to walk about a mile to a different park. As we left, one of my good friends (who was sober at the time) met up with us. I left my very fucked up friends to wander ahead of/behind us, and as I began to engage in conversation with my sober friend, I noted an incredible clarity of mind. It wasn't the kind of speedy thinking that comes with MDMA, or the false clearheadedness that other hallucinogens have given me (the famed ability to think about everything at once on LSD comes to mind), but rather it was a completely unimpeded state of mind. Neither advanced nor hindered by any kind of foreign entity. I felt a little bit of a body high, but it felt more like the exhilaration of MDMA than the body load of a trip. The best way to describe it was that I felt almost completely sober, except I was getting strong visuals.

Upon first glance, everything looked to be tinted with some shade of purple, but upon closer examination I noted that this was not the case. Everything looked like it had been placed in an old 3D movie, but someone had forgotten to give me the glasses with blue and red lenses. The entire object was recreated two inches above and to the left in blue, and similarly in red except down and to the right. The average of those colors (in some combination with the streetlights and dark) made almost everything have a purplish hue.

I had lost touch with my trip buddy, but I called him (after having my sober friend dial - the light of my phone was all but blinding) and he assured me that he was with a friend of ours and would meet me at the park we were heading towards. The park also had a school attached, but an elementary school rather than a high school, so far smaller and less intimidating. We all sat around in the park as my acquaintances smoked and I waited for my friend. I continued to be almost completely lucid, being an active participant in conversation despite getting stronger and stronger visuals, this being at about 2:30 in the morning. Small things began to sort of tweak me out a little bit, like an empty cigarette pack that someone had left standing up that I felt was staring at me, and wound up asking someone to knock over or throw away so that it would stop. Eventually my friend arrived, and I was able to discuss with him for the first time the details of our ongoing trips.

He indicated that he was tripping far harder than I was, presumably because of the ten shots or so of gin he had consumed prior to his trip. For much of the following hour or so, he had to lie down and alternate holding his eyes closed and keeping them open to look at the sky. The stars had only gotten crazier, shifting around in their spots and blurring like oil in water while they did. I felt wide awake, with no feeling of fatigue in my body despite the fact that I hadn't slept in 38 hours at that point. While others began heading home to avoid the cold, I was still using my shirt as a pillow to lie down on and stargaze, feeling absolutely no effects from the temperature. Eventually, me and my tripping friend decided to go for a walk and discuss our trips. He kept claiming to see a 'futon' in front of him if he stopped moving. We decided to do a lap around a block, but the block we chose seemed huge, so we only walked along one side of it and then walked back to the group along the same side.

Slowly we lost members of our group, and upon deciding to walk back to the first park we were at, me and a girl there split off to stop by a grocery outlet near the park while the remainder of our friends went straight there. As we walked into the store, everything seemed slightly darker than it usually was and definitely a lot weirder. Just after walking through the automatic doors, I turned right around, put my head in my hands and breathed deeply for a few seconds to collect myself before attempting it again. I walked inside, grabbed some gum and pocketed it and went to pick up another energy drink. As I walked back to the self-checkout aisle, I commented to my friend that they had moved the two rows of machines further apart than they usually were. She examined the situation and assured me that they were exactly where they had always been. I spent some time fumbling with the change pocket on my wallet attempting to locate bottle deposit for the drink, and upon receiving change spent some more time (I'm told somewhere in the vicinity of two minutes) attempting to put the change back in.

We met back up with the remaining crew that had gone to Grant, and spent some time dawdling there until all but one of our friends had gone home, leaving the girl I went to the store with and my tripping friend, along with myself, alone to await the sunrise in a few hours. We wandered around trying to get my trip buddy a cigarette, and wound up walking the girl home at about five in the morning. Both me and my friend were still tripping pretty hard, but it was evident that the peak was winding down and we were about to begin what we were told was a very slow comedown. Most of the rest of the night passed without incident. The sun slowly came up, we got hot chocolate at a Starbucks once it hit 6:30, and around 8:30 my friend finally went home. I staggered a mile and a half to a friend's house (as the trip began to wear down, I began to feel more and more fatigued, stopping for half hour rests a few times), got him to let me in and passed out for most of the day and night.

Overall, this is probably the best trip I've ever had. At the very least, it's in the top two. The only issue I've ever had with hallucinogens has been that they make it hard to think (shrooms, notably, but even LSD to an extent), and 2C-P didn't do that at all. I felt completely normal, wide awake when I should have been tired, and able (even eager) to participate in conversation. It didn't shunt me off into my own world, it just made everything a bit brighter and more trippy, for lack of a better word. There was a small emotional crash in the morning, as well as a small emotional rise in the beginning of the night, but I attribute that to the MDMA rather than the 2C-P. It's possible that the extreme clarity came about due to the stimulants, especially as my friend was drunk and that clearly affected his clearheadedness. I certainly plan on doing it again, perhaps upping the dosage to 10mg and not mixing in any MDMA this time. Knowing now how long it can take to kick in, I'd take it a bit earlier and not trip all night, possibly even making it a day trip. I would hesitate to call it my favorite drug/hallucinogen after only one encounter, but it certainly warrants further exploration.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 97358
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 18 
Published: Sep 27, 2020Views: 299
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
Sleep Deprivation (140), 2C-P (305), MDMA (3) : Unknown Context (20), Combinations (3), First Times (2)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults