Do you know about DrugsData.org?
It's an Erowid project that does lab drug testing of anonymously
submitted samples & publishes the results online. [See Recent Results]
Is It Worth It? Withdrawal
Methadone
by BeachBum
Citation:   BeachBum. "Is It Worth It? Withdrawal: An Experience with Methadone (exp98080)". Erowid.org. Mar 9, 2018. erowid.org/exp/98080

Methadone (daily)
      Loperamide

Methadone Withdrawal

I have a bad lower back. Having had several auto accidents and actually falling off of a couple of roofs I found myself barely able to do anything worthwhile in life without taking massive amounts of pain killers.

I started out on Percocet but hit a ceiling on it, plus the euphoria (high) was such that I was constantly chasing the dragons tail. I couldn't go long without it. But on several occasions I did get off for a month or so taking other meds that helped but not as much. I was on that path for four years. Four years of percocet.

Then I found Methadone. I was scared of it from the beginning knowing it was used for heroin addicts. That scared me. But I started knowing the ceiling was not like normal narcotics. After a few years taking it (60mg - 120mg) I realized I am a zombie at times, and tried to get off of it. I am 40 years old, and have been taking drugs recreationally since I was 13, and have had several detoxes over the years. But NOTHING can be compared to detoxing off of methadone. I gave up after over a month of daily hell. Methadone stays in your body for two to three days in the doses I take it at. The first day I want it, gently in the back of my mind, mainly wanting it because I know what will happen in the next few days. Then it starts building into a tsunami of hellish withdrawal. Every day is worse then the last, every inch of my body hurts, every movement is extreme pain, fever, chills, halucinations shaking, insomnia, and the worse diarea I have ever experienced. The longer I go the worse it gets. I would end up taking 12 imodiums a day just to try and not have such a problem, finally I give up and start back.

There really is no high from methadone. That is why it works so well, it damn near completely kills all of my back pain, but is it worth it?

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 98080
Published: Mar 9, 2018Views: 1,515
Methadone (166) : Not Applicable (38), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Hangover / Days After (46), Medical Use (47), Addiction & Habituation (10)