Spiral Erowid Zip Hoodie
This black mid-weight zip hoodie (80/20) has front pockets,
an Erowid logo on front chest, and a spiral design on back.
Donate and receive yours!
High Dose From Hell To Heaven
by WB
Citation:   WB. "High Dose From Hell To Heaven: An Experience with 25C-NBOMe (exp98358)". Erowid.org. Jan 27, 2013. erowid.org/exp/98358

1000 ug sublingual 25C-NBOMe (blotter / tab)
User Background Information:

I am a 26 year old male with post-graduate education. I am 5’9” tall, 180 lbs in weight, and am very lean with strong heart function. This will be somewhat important later. I received the compound after I returned from work and was set on testing it immediately. My mindset going into the test was more academic than recreational. The goal was to have a full, detailed report on the effect of the compound as well as how it compared to other compounds such as LSD and mushrooms.

Preparation for Use:

Due to my excitement, I admit that I did not fully prepare for the experience. I did not know the dosage of the blotters and found out later that it was 1000 ug which is absurdly high. I took the blotter immediately after I returned home from work despite being hungry and tired. I still had several errands that needed to be done, so my mind was not in a completely relaxed state. The only precaution I took was to have plenty of water available and to open up a Word document on my computer. Lastly and probably most importantly I had my housemate as a sober sitter.


T+0:00; 5:30pm

- Held blotter sublingually for 30 minutes.
- Extremely bitter taste

I took the blotter at 5:30pm and went about my business. The blotter was extremely bitter which carried over to my saliva. The blotter itself was larger than I expected being roughly a 0.5 inch square. With the blotter in my mouth, I went to the restroom to relieve myself and take a shower. Every few minutes I would take in some water to rinse my mouth of the bitter taste.


- Growing feeling of nausea
- Developed minor headache
- Mild paranoia

While I was still in the shower, I began to feel the effects of the compound. I began to feel lightheaded and the shower seemed to spin around a bit. I’m not sure if this effect was amplified by the fact that I was hungry and tired, but it seems likely that it was. I did my best to hold it together and finish my shower. I felt a sense of paranoia coming on. I was afraid that I would throw up or pass out in the shower and desperately tried to get out as fast as possible. At around the 25 minute mark I jumped out of the shower.

T+0:25 – T+1:00

- Minor visuals, distortions
- Extreme nausea
- Extreme paranoia
- Monstrous headache
- Uncontrollable shaking/sweating
- Loss of senses

When I hopped out of the shower the floor was swirling. The dust particles and floor patterns began to take the shape of small tentacles and claws that swirled up at my feet. I still retained most of my motor function so I quickly dried myself off and threw on my clothes to escape the bathroom. Out in the kitchen, my sitter was making food so I ran over and sat at the kitchen counter. He asked how I was feeling and I described the visuals. I was also feeling extremely nauseated and paranoid. It felt like I needed to throw up and void myself at the same time. I was afraid that I was going to pass out. The floor was too much for me to look at with its swirling clouds of dust so I looked up at the ceiling. That wasn’t much better. The ceiling was breathing as if there was a beating heart behind it. I felt like I was going insane.

I got up from the counter and ran over to the couch to sit down. I contemplated smoking some marijuana to ease my senses but decided against it in order to fully experience the effects of the compound. I was shaking uncontrollably and sweating even though it was a cool 65 degrees. My palms felt clammy. I called for my dog, a big Akita, to come over. He came happily and I began to stroke his back. I looked at his face and watched as it got older and older before my very eyes. He looked like he was decaying. I turned away and sent him off, pulling my knees up and wrapping my arms around them. I was absolutely terrified.

In the back of my mind, I was telling myself that this was not real. My dog was just fine and these horrible feelings would pass. I began to mistrust my senses one by one. My sight was already tricking me with the visuals. My sense of smell was gone and my hearing was fading in and out. At least I could still type. I jotted down the time and what I was feeling into a notepad on my phone. I did my best to describe the visuals, but when I looked at the screen, the letters on the touchpad were dancing around, and made it hard to type. Thank goodness for autocorrect.

T+1:00 – T+2:00

- Continued, overwhelming nausea, panic, headache
- Intense hallucinations, mainly dealing with lights
- Loss of all motor function
- Loss of sense of time and spatial awareness

My sitter came to me and asked if I wanted to go for a ride. He had to go with my other housemate, his girlfriend, to drop off her car at her parents’ house about 20 miles away. Fearing being alone, I accepted and we set off.

The drive over was something out of this world. Every light was flickering wildly and every reflection of a light was amplified. The way I described it to my sitter was “it looks like how Asia is often portrayed in movies, with the hustle and bustle, neon lights, and chaos”. Now that I think about it, it would be more aptly described as “watching JJ Abram’s Star Trek (2009) on a screen that took up my entire field of vision.” We were driving down a long freeway, and I was being overwhelmed by the visual stimulation, and the intense, persisting nausea and paranoia.

At this point I began to fight the feelings. I wanted to stay conscious and coherent and kept telling myself that I was stronger than this. I had a duty to make the report and in order to do so I had to stay in control of at least some of my senses. The more I fought it, the more it hurt. That drive was the closest to death I had ever felt, even more so than the time an 18-wheeler spun my car off the freeway a few years back or the time I was in the hospital getting my busted appendix removed when I was 12. This was madness.

We arrived at my housemate’s house at around T+1:45. I stayed in the car as my sitter helped his girlfriend move some stuff from her car into the house. I was alone in the car with music playing in the background. Despite it being a very affluent neighborhood in a hilly suburb, I was terrified. There were kids playing in a cul-de-sac a few houses away to my left and I kept thinking that they would come over and harass me. Despite the car being parked, and nothing else moving around me, I saw lights from various sources swirling around above me. I felt so sick, couldn’t move, and could only tell the passage of time from the songs playing. My heart was beating extremely fast. I am very active and run a great distance and lift a lot of weights every week and those things never made my heart beat as fast as it was in that car. I was truly, truly afraid that I was going to die.

After an eternity that was really 15 minutes, my housemates returned to the car and we went home.

T+2:00 – T+2:30

- Intense out of body experience
- Profound visuals
- Self-reflection
- Easing of pain, nausea, headache

On the way home something amazing happened. We were driving down a long scenic road in the hills of Southern California and I felt my mind start to leave my body. I felt like my mind was floating around on the windshield and saw the road and lights turn to darkness and stars. I felt like I was on a runway heading to outer space, climbing ever so quickly. Street signs, houses, and trees all faded away to reveal a lane of white blinking lights that led the car straight upward.

Suddenly my pain and suffering lessened. The song “Apollo Road” by Dash Berlin and ATB was playing and I felt myself soaring higher and higher. I began to think clearly and began to self-reflect. It was unlike anything I’ve ever felt. I thought about my friends and how much they mean to me. I thought about why I was so desperately fighting to control my senses. Most importantly of all, I reflected on who I was, and what it was that made me the way I am. I don’t want to speak too much on it as it is very personal, but let’s just say the whole trip turned itself around in those 30 minutes.

As we came close to home I felt myself returning to my body. My motor skill was returning and the senses of paranoia and nausea were gone. A sudden wave of euphoria passed through me similar to what is felt on pure MDMA. It was like heaven. I felt so happy for everything I had and all the friends I knew. The visualizations persisted and instead of terrifying me as they had before, they began to comfort and welcome me. The lights danced whimsically with the music, and air around me seemed to massage my skin. At that point I felt like everything was going to be just fine.

T+2:30 – T+5:00

- Amazing visual distortion and hallucination
- Strong body high
- Limited motor function
- Intense euphoria

I walked into our house and collapsed onto the couch. It felt great to be home and in a safe place. I jotted more notes into my phone. The buttons were still swirling around but somehow my fingers went where they needed to and the report was made. My body felt very light and rested, and though my motions were somewhat clumsy, movement was effortless. “Now we’re in business!” I thought to myself.

My sitter sat with me and put on a movie called “Futurama: Bender’s Game”. For the unaware, Futurama is a comedic sci-fi cartoon with aliens and robots and mutants. The movie itself seemed to expand beyond the TV screen, and was flying on the walls around it. I was deeply rooted in my seat and followed the storyline intently. My emotions would swing up and down depending on what was going on. The cartoon itself was also distorted, and the character outlines would wiggle and swirl even when I knew that they were standing still. Throughout the entire duration, I had a big grin on my face and was giggling like a little girl. It was great.

T+5:00 – T+7:00

- Euphoria and visuals dying down
- Body high remained
- Motor function returning to normal

After the movie I went to my room to fill out a report. I talked to a few trusted friends about it. After writing out what I needed to, I went back to the living room and watched more Futurama episodes with my housemates. I began to describe to them the experience. I felt incredibly euphoric, though not as intensely as I had felt during the movie. Visuals weren’t as pronounced as before, though there were still plenty of swirling patterns and vivid colors to be seen. I could hear myself speaking but it sounded like a lot of gibberish. My dog came over and I scratched his neck and back for a good 10 minutes. The feeling of soft fur on my fingers was fantastic. He licked my arm, causing me to giggle even more. I felt an intense bond with my dog and gave him a big hug.

The wildness of the previous hours was mostly gone. What was left was a nice, relaxed, euphoric feeling accented with some visuals and sound distortion. I felt like I was in a mellow lounge, sipping on some water while chatting with my housemates and scratching my dog. I suppose I could describe the feeling as being “at peace”.

T+7:00 – T+10:00

- Mild euphoria and visual distortion
- Mild body high
- General sense of well-being
- Motor function normal

After a few episodes of Futurama, my housemates retire to their room and sleep. I am still feeling nowhere close to sober but I could feel my appetite returning. I ate some fresh fruit, vegetables, and some lean meat. Unfortunately, it didn’t taste particularly refreshing. I suppose that was to be expected given the level of nausea from before and the bitterness of the blotter that I had used.

I went back to my room with my dog and turned off the lights. I put on a few lightshows on my computer while writing up more of my report.

Towards the T+8:30 mark, most of the compound’s effects were gone. I was still left with a mild body high and some very minor visual distortion. I played some video games and continued listening to EDM music. I was laughing a lot while playing games and was doing a terrible job of helping my teammates playing League of Legends. It didn’t matter to me really, I just laughed it off. The game’s colors were very vibrant and there was still some swirling but it was not bothersome at all.

After playing a game, I sat back in my chair and just closed my eyes to listen to the music. My body was still a bit light and I started to dance a bit. My thoughts were clearing and I wished that my friends were with me to experience this. After about an hour of music, dance, and thought I collapsed into my bed and fell asleep.


Overall, I would rate this as an extremely profound and positive experience. I admit I was overaggressive with the dose and based on other reports, I would have suffered much less had the dose been reduced to 500ug. That said, I firmly believe that this compound is absolutely wonderful and that falling to the depths of despair and then rising up to “heaven” was a crucial part of the experience. I left the experience knowing more about myself and being much more grateful for all the things that life has offered me. I would certainly do it again, just with a much smaller dose. Thank you for reading!

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 98358
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: 26
Published: Jan 27, 2013Views: 17,937
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
25C-NBOMe (540) : General (1), First Times (2), Small Group (2-9) (17)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults