individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
Kava Disappointment
Kava Kava
by storne
Citation:   storne. "Kava Disappointment: An Experience with Kava Kava (exp9840)". Erowid.org. Oct 24, 2001. erowid.org/exp/9840

12 capsls oral Kava

I took 12 Nature's Bounty brand Kava Kava capsules after hearing good things about it. This amounted to 3600 mg. I decided against opening all the capsules and making them into a drink because I had heard the taste was horrible. About 20 minutes later I experienced some stomach discomfort, not really nausea, just an ache, but I had heard this was normal. About 40 minutes into the experience I began to feel some sedation, which was similar to 5 mg Valium. I was expecting things to get better from here, but around an hour and 45 minutes after I had taken the Kava, the mild 'buzz' was completely gone. This was a big disappointment and the mild sedative effect wasn't worth the stomach discomfort. I'm going to try again with another brand, but I'm not expecting much.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 9840
Published: Oct 24, 2001Views: 14,695
Kava (30) : Unknown Context (20), General (1)