Have You Had a Belief Changing
Psychedelic Experience?
Take this Survey from our friends at Johns Hopkins
Center for Psychedelic and Consciousness Research!
Eases Opiate Withdrawal
Kratom (extract)
by H.Love
Citation:   H.Love. "Eases Opiate Withdrawal: An Experience with Kratom (extract) (exp98548)". Erowid.org. Mar 13, 2018. erowid.org/exp/98548

30 drops oral Kratom (extract)

Kratom and I have somewhat of a history, though not nearly as intimate a history as I have with methadone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, fentanyl, or my beloved, H. Its mu-opioid receptor activity is what attracted me to kratom in the first place, as Iím always looking for something to fill the gaps. Kratom suits this purpose, and boy was it a life saver recently when I ran short on meds and had to scramble to find something to carry me over till I could fill a script again. At this time I was taking an average of 90 mg oral methadone daily, or 40 mg IV; that is, until my supply ran out. I then devoted all my energy to figuring out how not to go into withdrawal. Itís happened before, and without going into details let me just say that itís unbearably horrible, and I would do ANYTHING to avoid it. This time it turned out to be my last option, but a very good option, as I already had some 80x extract. I wasnít sure if it would do anything but I figured hey, anything is better than nothing; maybe it will stimulate those mu-opioid receptors just enough so that they donít freak out and send my body into Withdrawal Hell.

So I took an empty capsule and dropped 30 drops of the extract into it, closed it & swallowed it with a light snack. I prefer putting liquid kratom extract into an empty capsule rather than trying to drop the liquid into a drink or Ė god forbid Ė put it directly into my mouthÖthe taste is HORRIBLE and does not wash away easily. It kicked in pretty fast Ė I was already starting to feel some of the agitation, sweatiness & runny nose that signals the onset of withdrawal when I took the capsule, and I felt the effects of the kratom within 30 minutes: withdrawal symptoms ebbed away.

****WARNING: I take a shit ton of narcotics all the time, and so have a wicked tolerance to all opiates. DO NOT copy my doses. Know your own dose, and start small.****

I ended up taking 30 drops in a capsule every 4-6 hours, and kept withdrawal at bay for a whole 24 hours until I was able to get my hands on some Rx narcotics. I think kratom is excellent for this purpose, as itís legal, cheap & easy to get.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 98548
Published: Mar 13, 2018Views: 674
Kratom (203) : Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), General (1), Not Applicable (38)