Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Let Me Off the Cocaine Train
Cocaine
by Travis
Citation:   Travis. "Let Me Off the Cocaine Train: An Experience with Cocaine (exp989)". Erowid.org. Sep 11, 2000. erowid.org/exp/989

0.6 g IV Cocaine

It was in the fall of 1996 I had started injecting heroin six months previous, when a friend of mine asked me if I had every injected coke, prior to this moment I had snorted coke once and I only learned later (by doing coke) that it had been crappy blow. So figuring coke was a fairly weak drug :) I decided to try it. I shot .1 of a gram into my arm just below the elbow. My world was changed forever. Like heroin the effects were immediate. I remember just before I hit wondering why my friend was telling me I better not yell or scream. Then the world turned into joy. I thanked my friend for introducing me to cocaine and told him I loved him. Every noise was magnified a hundred fold and there was this beautiful echo on all sound. It was happiness in powdered form. This feeling of ultimate euphoria lasted about five minutes then an edge was taken off the intensity but for the next fifteen minutes I was still extremly high. Then it's as if a pit or void opened up in my stomach a horrible feeling.

Suddenly I was far from happy. I did not want blow; I needed blow. I injected myself five more times before I could score smack. Word to the wise if you're going to be stupid enough to inject blow always carry some heroin with you. It will get rid of your cocaine crash and cravings. Words are not enough to describe the high of cocaine. Every time I do blow its like I've forgotten how good it is but in all fairness the crash is the same.
[erowid note: Injecting both heroin and cocaine is extremely dangerous and is known to cause heart attacks & general cardio-vascular failure. Although heroin may reduce the crash after injecting cocaine, it is also much more physically addictive than cocaine and injected heroin use can lead to long term (often lifetime) addiction.]

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 989
Published: Sep 11, 2000Views: 18,244
Cocaine (13) : Retrospective / Summary (11), First Times (2), General (1), Various (28)