Tea's Hidden Power
L-Theanine & Caffeine (Tea)
by spock
Citation:   spock. "Tea's Hidden Power: An Experience with L-Theanine & Caffeine (Tea) (exp99415)". Erowid.org. Jun 2, 2013. erowid.org/exp/99415

Caffeine (tea)
      Theanine (tea)

I did some research on L-theanine and discovered that it's a gaba antagonist so the opposite of alcohol and it also affects dopamine and ndma receptors so I thought that I would try a ridiculous amount of tea to see the effects.

I drank 30g in loose leaf green tea so the equipment of 15 to 20 cups. The amount of L-theanine in there I found to be around 750mg and the caffeine about 450 milligrams.

The effects took about an hour to start but they were very intense I had mind racing and jitters that were way more than when I drink the same amount of caffeine with coffee so it must have been the l theanine.

After about 5 hours of this it started to slow down and it died out around 3 am when I went to bed.

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 99415
Published: Jun 2, 2013Views: 20,713
Theanine (413), Caffeine (11) : General (1), Unknown Context (20)