Erowid relies on the generosity of the public for funding.
Please, include Erowid Center in your charitable giving!
Convinced I Was Going to Drop Dead
DXM (with CPM) & Methamphetamine
by timim
Citation:   timim. "Convinced I Was Going to Drop Dead: An Experience with DXM (with CPM) & Methamphetamine (exp99483)". Erowid.org. Dec 13, 2018. erowid.org/exp/99483

oral DXM (pill / tablet)
    oral Chlorpheniramine Maleate (pill / tablet)
    insufflated Methamphetamine (powder / crystals)

[Erowid Note: Most Coricidin contains CPM (Chlorpheniramine Maleate) which can be dangerous in high doses. See DXM Brand Warnings for more info.]

It was a slow day so I took a low second plateau dose of dxm in CCC's, and as I peaked on dxm I took a few match-head bumps of crystal - resulting effects started great as I felt a clarity to my weird dxm-induced thoughts. Something was quite wrong with the walls; there were letters and words hazily moving across the wall made of either small bugs or shadows. When I moved close to the wall the letters disappeared.

I found the whole ordeal good fun but then I was hit by a hot flash. After researching on web MD my hotness I was certain I had serotonin syndrome. Anyway I didn't have it but for some reason I was convinced I was going to drop dead any moment. I wrote 'serotonin syndrome - crystal and dxm' on a flash card and told my friend to call 911 and give the medics the card if I started having tremors.

The effects wore off 3+ hours after peaking dxm and dosing on the meth but I still feel a little off even after 8 hours.

I felt much more paranoid than usual during the time - and being worried about serotonin syndrome was a major disruption.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 99483
Published: Dec 13, 2018Views: 1,202
DXM (22), Methamphetamine (37) : Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3), Unknown Context (20)