Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
The Good and the Bad of Triazolam
Triazolam (Halcion) & Amphetamines (Adderall)
by First time poster
Citation:   First time poster. "The Good and the Bad of Triazolam: An Experience with Triazolam (Halcion) & Amphetamines (Adderall) (exp99516)". Erowid.org. Jun 27, 2021. erowid.org/exp/99516

T- 8:00
10 mg oral Amphetamines (capsule)
  T+ 0:00 0,25 mg oral Pharms - Triazolam (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:30   oral Alcohol - Beer/Wine
  T+ 0:00 1,25-1,75 mg oral Pharms - Triazolam (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:00 ? mg oral Pharms - Clonazepam (pill / tablet)

This is my first time posting on here but I think it's important to share my experience with Halcion. For about a year now I've been being prescribed Halcion for sleep and it is the only thing I've ever found help my insomnia. My doctor has given me every sleeping pill he knew of and he finally tried this, which is less prescribed today than it once was, and itís the only thing that has been effective for a long period of time for me.

However, I have had a very upsetting experience while on my sleeping medication, one day after taking an Adderall 10 mg pill, 8 hours later I decided to take .25 Mg of Halcion to try and go to sleep. After about a half hour I also had a mike's hard lemonade. I got in bed and fell asleep easily.

The next day I woke up on my couch, which is not where I had went to sleep, and my house was in disarray. I remember nothing that happened after getting back out of bed. There were clonazepam pills scattered across my bed, which I am also prescribed...leading me to believe I took some of those. I also believe after I woke back up I took anywhere between 5-7 more .25 mg Halcion. I had turned on all the lights in my house, as well as all three of my computers and they all had at least one search that consisted of no words, just a scramble of letters on each computer. I do not remember anything I did; I just found a house completely torn apart in the morning, with a terrified cat. I donít believe I did anything to the animal because he was fine later the next day, but I think the stumbling around being loud in the middle of the night stressed him out. The next day I was completely exhausted and still pretty messed up the whole next day while at work.

I know the mixture of Halcion and Adderall was the cause to this experience. I have taken Halcion, Clonazepam, and Alcohol together with no such experience. I also use Adderall recreationally and have never had sleeping issues after taking it.
When Halcion is used correctly it can change the life of an insomniac, and it has allowed me to function much better and more happily from day to day. However, this experience made me realize that this is a controlled substance and it needs to be used only as prescribed and not in combination with any substances that are not prescribed for use with it.

Exp Year: 2012ExpID: 99516
Published: Jun 27, 2021Views: 228
Amphetamines (6), Pharms - Triazolam (209) : Alone (16), Medical Use (47), Hangover / Days After (46)