New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $50 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
Enormous Potential
Sceletium tortuosum
by Westminster
Citation:   Westminster. "Enormous Potential: An Experience with Sceletium tortuosum (exp99619)". Erowid.org. May 9, 2019. erowid.org/exp/99619

500 mg oral Sceletium tortuosum (ground / crushed)
    smoked Sceletium tortuosum
    smoked Tobacco

For a shred of context, I have experienced reasonably severe Depression and Anxiety for the most part of my adolescent and adult life. When I was about 17, my family GP prescribed me Citalopram, which I believed was moderately successful, however, the Nausea and loss of appetite did not subside with continued use.

This began several years of switching around with medications; Sertaline, Mirtazapine, Venlafaxine (awful drug) and Bupropion, as well as Xanax, Valium, Propranalol etc. Morphine was abused exhaustively during these years.

2 weeks ago I decided to discontinue the Bupropion I'd been taking for a few months as I felt It was numbing my creative drive. I'm a composer and have been unable to write fluently for at least a year.

I purchased 30g of Kanna from a reputable source, half looking for something to use recreationally, half looking for a reliable replacement for my antidepressants.
On the first morning, I consumed approximately 500mg in the traditional 'toss and wash method' with some apple juice. It seems that when the powder comes into contact with liquid, it becomes viscous and sticky. In this state, it also tastes remarkably like Marmite.

I continued this practise for the next 7 days. It also appears that this substance has an inverse tolerance effect, something that I am used to given my experience with traditional antidepressants. On day 7, 500mg produced a subtle yet unshakeably happy effect.

I wouldn't describe it as Euphoria, more akin to the relaxant properties of Green Tea, yet more pronounced, stimulative and with a distinct mood enhancing effect. During the 7th day, I also added a tiny pinch of Kanna to my rolled cigarettes. This seemed to produce a more condensed immediate effect almost identical to those described above. I believe that this herb if consumed daily could be an extremely useful antidepressant, I shall continue indefinitely for now.

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 99619
Published: May 9, 2019Views: 800
Sceletium tortuosum (179) : Depression (15), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), General (1), Unknown Context (20)