Do you know about DrugsData.org?
It's an Erowid project that does lab drug testing of anonymously
submitted samples & publishes the results online. [See Recent Results]
Anxiogenic White-Out
5-MeO-DMT
by Terratic
Citation:   Terratic. "Anxiogenic White-Out: An Experience with 5-MeO-DMT (exp99920)". Erowid.org. Apr 27, 2014. erowid.org/exp/99920

vaporized 5-MeO-DMT (powder / crystals)

By description, the effects of this substance can be compared to a near-death experience, or imagined as being Nirvana-like. During meditation, I had experienced things that sounded almost identical to what I had read from experience reports, and that is what got me interested in this tryptamine, but what I underwent was not what I expected; I even questioned if what I had received was actually 5-MeO-DMT. However, reading the reports again helped put things into perspective.

During one of my initial trials, I worked my way up to 3.5 mg, where I was finally able to experience a heavy threshold, where the power of this substance was clearly evident:

At 3500 g, vaporized, I felt an overwhelming intoxication that is difficult to describe. Imagine experiencing post-orgasmic feelings with a mild panic attack, and that would be close to what I was feeling. It left me gasping and writhing around on my bed. I kept forgetting to breath--it was very emotional. The visual effects, on the other hand, were very minor, colourless distortions. The experience was over within a few minutes.

Although impressed, I was still unsatisfied and began to question my intentions. Before I even ingested the substance, I found that the melting point was correct (68C), and the reagent test showed that it contained indole, so I knew it was definitely 5-MeO-DMT. Wanting to know what all the fuss was about, I decided to double the dosage:

At 7 mg, vaporized, I was completely awestruck and full of regret. I then knew what people meant by 'Chemical Terror.' I felt very ungrounded and disconnected from my body, as if I was fading away from existence. My heart was pounding, I felt like I had experienced a minor concussion, I could not breath properly--it was bad. I was experiencing a full-blown panic attack, to say the least, that was (until the peak) almost unbearable.

During the peak, I felt like I had literally experienced 'The Void.' My brain was not conveying anything meaningful from what my senses were receiving; I was completely unaware of my body, experiencing profound stillness. During the onset, my instincts caused me to feel completely repulsed and resistant to what was happening but, for that brief moment, the fear was gone.

After the most intense part was over, I was relieved. I knew I was going to be fine, but I was still shaken and slightly traumatized by what happened.

During the onset, I recall seeing jagged, sign wave-like distortions, which had a dark colour to them. Again, these were insignificant when compared to the mental effects of the substance.

To summarize this my experience with 5-MeO-DMT, I would say the effects were profoundly somatic and anxiogenic. I don't recall feeling any nausea, albeit mild stomach tightness/butterflies. There was some mild tachycardia, but nothing too alarming. The visual effects were prominent, but very minor.

Like I said before, the description can be likened to many different forms of 'spiritual' phenomena. I was definitely not prepared for it, and how I imagined it as being was completely different from how it really was.

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 99920
Published: Apr 27, 2014Views: 6,229
5-MeO-DMT (58) : Alone (16), Difficult Experiences (5), General (1)