We are looking for submissions of well-written reports about the use of psychoactive plants and chemicals as well as other forms of mind-altering activities such as yoga, meditation, or the use of mind machines.
Submissions should describe more than just a list of activities engaged in. We are looking for descriptions of mindset, dosage, physical and mental effects, intentions, insights, problems, drug interactions, after effects, etc.
Not all reports that are submitted are selected for publication. Each report is reviewed, taking into consideration writing quality, interest, and usefulness of data. We have a backlog of reports awaiting review. Some reports are read and published within days, but in other cases, it can take a year for a submission to be reviewed. Please be patient.
A report is more likely to be published if it includes the following type of information:
- Description of mindset & setting.
- Details of any preparations made for the experience.
- Dosage & timing information.
- Notes on prescription or over-the-counter medications, herbs or supplements that were being taken at the time of the experience.
- A description of the physical and mental effects experienced. Something more than a mention of how 'fucked up' you were.
A report is less likely to be published if it includes:
- The use of the term "SWIM".
- Language that describes what someone else will experience, rather than your own experience.
- No paragraph breaks, no punctuation, lack of appropriate capitalization or spelling.