The Ultimate Encyclopedia of
Wine, Beer, Spirits, & Liqueurs
Pub Date :
Edition(s) at Erowid :
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
BACK COVER #The Definitive Reference Guide to Alcohol-based Drinks
Part One - Wine
- take a globe-trotting tour of the world's great wine regions, from Bordeaux to Rioja, and from South Africa's Cape to Australia's Barossa Valley.
- five principal elements to look for when tasting a wine
- practical advice on storing and serving wine
- how to select wines to serve with food
- authoritative guide to the traditions of brewing and the drinking of beer
- discover amazing facts about the history, production and marketing of beer
- exciting and informative journey around the world of beer, from the ancient breweries of Flanders and Bohemia, to exotic locations of the Far East and Africa and the thriving micro-breweries of the United States.
- facts on regional brewing, with notes on the strength and taste of both popular and unusual brews
- definitive guide to spritis, liqueurs and fortified wines
- includes information on nonalcoholic mixers
- where and how each drink is made, best-known producers and brand names, ingredients, flavors and aromas, and useful serving advice
- instructions for making more than 100 cocktails -- how to mix up a Moscow Mule, Singapore Sling or Margarita, and how to pour the perfect Martini.