BACK COVER #The Definitive Reference Guide to Alcohol-based Drinks
Part One - Wine
- take a globe-trotting tour of the world's great wine regions, from Bordeaux to Rioja, and from South Africa's Cape to Australia's Barossa Valley.
- five principal elements to look for when tasting a wine
- practical advice on storing and serving wine
- how to select wines to serve with food
- authoritative guide to the traditions of brewing and the drinking of beer
- discover amazing facts about the history, production and marketing of beer
- exciting and informative journey around the world of beer, from the ancient breweries of Flanders and Bohemia, to exotic locations of the Far East and Africa and the thriving micro-breweries of the United States.
- facts on regional brewing, with notes on the strength and taste of both popular and unusual brews
- definitive guide to spritis, liqueurs and fortified wines
- includes information on nonalcoholic mixers
- where and how each drink is made, best-known producers and brand names, ingredients, flavors and aromas, and useful serving advice
- instructions for making more than 100 cocktails -- how to mix up a Moscow Mule, Singapore Sling or Margarita, and how to pour the perfect Martini.