Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Back to Nature
Mushrooms - P. cubensis
by Austin
Citation:   Austin. "Back to Nature: An Experience with Mushrooms - P. cubensis (exp100514)". Erowid.org. Jul 11, 2019. erowid.org/exp/100514

4 g oral Mushrooms - P. cubensis (dried)

After a friend and I picked some wild mushies from a cow field, I dried them with a fan and we decided to indulge a few days later when I didn't have to work.

We rented bicycles and rode around paved nature trails at the local state park. The mushrooms were quite potent, and we felt the effects within about 30 minutes of ingestion. We biked over 2 miles before things really picked up.

What I like to call thought derailment occurred as random memories bubbled up in my mind, and other ideas seemed to just pop out of nowhere and proceed to float away like it never happened. The scenery was stunning; mossy oaks, pine tree clusters, rampant undergrowth. I felt like I appreciated nature like never before. After we peaked, I felt like I was truly alive! 'Organic' is the best word I can think of to describe it.
'Organic' is the best word I can think of to describe it.
I could almost feel how much water my body was made of, and the boundary between my skin and the humidity in the air had dissolved, like I was melding into nature.

To wrap this experience up, this trip made me feel like mushrooms grow on this earth to send some sort of message. There is no way that these chemicals are present in an edible form for no particular reason. This sounds like shamanic spiritual bullshit, but I believe psychedelic mushrooms contain a message that deals with the appreciation of nature; to rip apart the membrane that separates our consciousness from nature's true form. I greatly appreciated eating mushrooms in a natural environment, rather than watching trippy movies and playing video games... The message may grow in cow dung, but it has profound meaning.

Exp Year: 2013ExpID: 100514
Published: Jul 11, 2019Views: 502
Mushrooms - P. cubensis (66) : Nature / Outdoors (23), General (1), Public Space (Museum, Park, etc) (53)