Plan Your Vote !
Know: Where, When, & Required ID or paperwork.
We Cut the Tabs Up Into Quarters
DOB, Cannabis, Hydrocodone & Nicotine
by weagle
Citation:   weagle. "We Cut the Tabs Up Into Quarters: An Experience with DOB, Cannabis, Hydrocodone & Nicotine (exp112358)". Erowid.org. Oct 5, 2018. erowid.org/exp/112358

smoked Cannabis (daily)
  T+ 0:00 5 mg oral Hydrocodone (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:00 300 mg oral Acetaminophen (pill / tablet)
  T+ 4:00 0.25 hits oral DOB (blotter / tab)
  T+ 0:00   repeated smoked Cannabis
  T+ 9:00   oral Tea
  T+ 0:00   repeated vaporized Nicotine

DOB Microdose

A little bit of background before I begin: Iíve done dob three times, and I should admit that I really donít know a ton about it. Iím 19, 5í5Ē and about 125lbs. The only other psychedelics Iíve tried are regular acid and shrooms, but I have a lot of experience with opiates, amphetamines, coke, and some benzos. I smoke pretty much every day too so Iím comfortable being high for a long time. My roommate is 5í and maybe 100lbs. She had no prior experience with DOB, but sheís done acid, an assortment of amphetamines and opiates, and is also a turbo-stoner.

Iíve also never written one of these before- the main reason Iím writing this is because there is so little information about DOB, specifically micro-dosing, online that I feel almost obligated to share my experience.

-4 Hours:
I take a Vicodin because Iím bored, and I smoke a couple bowls.

0 Hrs:
My roommate and I get home from a party and she convinced me to try a ďmicro doseĒ of DOB at 11:30 on a Sunday night. We cut the tabs up into quarters, smoke, and chill on the couch.

+1:
I can start feeling the body high first- it feels like chills, and kind of like my body canít decide whether itís hot or cold. I suspect this is probably the amphetamine at work. Whenever I take a lot of Vyvanse Iím either lowkey having a heat stroke or I physically cannot warm my body up without a blanket or heating pad. The DOB effect was definitely more subtle than the effect I get from a high dosage of Vyvanse.

At this point however, Iím not feeling the stimulant effects which I usually do with a full dose. Again, in hindsight, that was probably the Vicodin I took earlier. I should also say that I totally forgot that I took Vicodin earlier in the night and I would not recommend mixing high dosages of the two because it turned out to be one hell of a speedball. But a tiny bit of Vicodin was a nice way to start the trip.

My roommate is getting mild open eye visuals at this point, but no stimulant effects either.

+2:
I get up from the couch and instantly the stimulant effect kicks in. My roommate gets a subtler stimulant effect. I start making brownies in the kitchen and my roommate goes upstairs to chill out and listen to music.

+3:
I finish the brownies and decide to go upstairs too. I lay down with my nice headphones and Iím getting some nice open eye visuals, however the closed eye visuals felt muddled and muted compared to my other experiences with DOB. The body high definitely kicked up a notch by this point- Iím getting shivers up and down my body. Theyíre warm and pleasant, but definitely more exaggerated than before.

+4:
Closed eye visuals are starting to kick up a notch, the stimulant effect is in full swing now. I need a COPIOUS amount of weed to get through a DOB trip. The stimulant effect makes me act like a crackhead if I canít smoke and settle down a little bit.
Unfortunately, my roommate took our smoking stuff into her room and fell asleep (which is SUCH a mystery to me, considering how much the stimulant was kicking my ass at this point.)

I decide to do some accounting homework because I canít lay down anymore. I hate accounting, and am pretty much math illiterate, however with the help of the DOB it was done in an hour.

+5:
Iím about to get in the shower and I accidentally look in the mirror. I literally couldnít recognize myself- it really scared me so I spent most of this hour turning on all the lights in the apartment and running around.

+6:
My roommate is still asleep, so in an attempt to entertain myself I take a walk around my apartment complex and old row. I find a drunk guy passed out outside his apartment. The visuals calm down a bit when I go outside but the body high kicks up a notch, due to moving around I guess. I barely felt like I was walking- it felt more like I was running or floating. But I was definitely just walking.

+8:
My roommate wakes up and we smoke. She said that I looked ďmethed outĒ and Iím sure my 100mph rambling about my night and the drunk dude I found earlier didnít help. We smoked and I calmed down considerably. Open eye visuals step up dramatically. I think this point was the end of the come up and the beginning of my peak.

My roommate was able to get about three hours of sleep, and when she woke up she said that she was mainly experiencing the body effects and less so the stimulant or the visuals. Minor OEVS for her at this point.

+9:
I throw up twice after trying to drink some green tea (I think this was the Vicodin, Iíve never even felt nauseous on DOB). I very rarely throw up and I have to trigger my gag reflex 99% of the time, however I just got an overwhelming wave of nausea and that was it.

+10:
Smoked again. Every time I smoke it helps mellows me out and allows me to sit still and enjoy the stepped up visuals.
Roommate is sober at this point.

+12:
Our friends come over to the apartment, and my roommate insists that we donít tell our friends about the acid. Due to me acting ďmethed outĒ earlier, I decide to go upstairs and do some more homework. [Erowid Note: The term "acid" has been used as a common name for d-LSD since the 1960s. Although confusion associated with newer psychoactive substances has lead some people to use the term "acid" to refer to anything LSD-like or anything psychedelic on blotter or sold in drops, we believe this represents an error and not a useful evolution in language.]

+13:
After doing another 4 hours of homework in 1, I go downstairs to smoke more. My roommate put some oil into a juul pod that I hit consistently for the remainder of the trip.

At this point, I was hoping that I would start to come down. To be honest, I was planning that the microdose would only last about 10 hours or so, but after I started hitting the cart my visuals stepped up immensely. They were more shroom-like than a lot of the other visuals Iíve gotten doing DOB in the past.

We have crown molding on our ceiling, which looked like tiles at the bottom of a swimming pool. The sunlight outside was scrolling through the color spectrum, and I could see the blood moving through my body just by looking at my legs. I was also getting what I can only describe by referencing an Asap Rocky music video- in the L$D video, when it pans to that glass and the water turns into this pulsating rainbow liquid (1:11). Whenever I would focus on an object, Iíd get waves surrounding the object in a similar texture to that. Iíve never had a visual like that on DOB. Typically, this far into a trip, my DOB visuals are mainly closed eye, and more geometric, moving, and pulsating with vibrant colors. I continue to smoke.

+18:
My head starts to hurt and the exhaustion kicks in.
I think I had been awake for about 40 hours at this point. I decide to go upstairs, and I am immediately unconscious.

+26:
I wake up at 3am covered in sweat, the only effect I can still feel is the Vyvanse-am-I-hot-or-cold effect. The stimulant is pretty much done so Iím able to just manage my body temperature.

DOB is an interesting drug because every time I take it my effects are different from my previous experiences, and my friends always experience it differently too. This is my first and probably my last time micro-dosing on DOB because the trip is so incredibly long and the effects are pretty much unpredictable.

If youíre reading this and youíre considering trying DOB, I would recommend not starting with a huge dose until you know how it affects you personally. I would describe my trips as more like a candyflip, however someone like my roommate may feel just the body high. Definitely do it with friends too, youíll want someone to talk to and activities to do because of the stimulant.

Exp Year: 2018ExpID: 112358
Published: Oct 5, 2018Views: 799
DOB (19) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Combinations (3), General (1)