Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 9 cryptocurrencies. Contribute a bit today!
Still Alive
Peganum harmala & Mushrooms - P. cubensis
by DVD
Citation:   DVD. "Still Alive: An Experience with Peganum harmala & Mushrooms - P. cubensis (exp115746)". Erowid.org. Oct 3, 2021. erowid.org/exp/115746

3.5 g oral Syrian Rue (tea)
  T+ 0:20 2 g oral Mushrooms - P. cubensis (tea)

Plant Preparation Time of ingestion Amount
P. Harmala Tea T+0 3,5 g
P. Cubensis None T+20 2,0 g

Iíve tried this combination after knowing that MAOIs could magnify the effects of psilocybin mushrooms since they inhibit the biochemical pathway of the active principleís oxidation.

The event reported happened around 12:00 after Iíve made a 12+ hours fasting. I had a friend with me that took the same amount of the same plants except that he used the lemon tek preparation for the mushrooms. Other three friends of mine are looking after us while being sober.

T-10
The tea was prepared with a triple extraction by boiling for 30 minutes with lemon.

T+0
The tea has the same exact taste as vomit, the similarity is almost astonishing. Since Iíve already consumed it I knew that putting a ton of sugar into it would make it bearable.

T+20
Iíve consumed the mushrooms.

T+40
Iíve finished the last sip of tea Iíve left as the mushrooms start to kick in.

T+50
I feel the horrible taste of the tea taking over and a ton of nausea. I end up throwing up part of the mushrooms, thatís the first time Iíve thrown up for any substance in my entire life. I start feeling a strong sense of intoxication and I keep myself near the toilet in case I have to vomit.

T ?
Time Is extremely dilated and a quarter of hour seems to take forever, it is much more powerful than mushrooms alone.

The intoxication gets worst and I feel like if I am always about to vomit even if I havenít eaten anything. I donít have any energy and I feel extremely tired but canít sleep. It is one of the worst situations Iíve ever experienced.

I start reflecting on my life choices and on how I should have been more cautious, CEVs are present (a woman coming out of a game card). It was very similar to a delirium you could get from an high fever. Some positive effects of mushrooms (euphoria and color saturation) are absent. The experience taught me how precious my life is, as I was surprised to be still alive.

During the comedown the sense of intoxication persisted and was like a very strong hangover; time dilation and the incapability to fall asleep from Syrian rue turned it Into a tedious torture that lasted until around ten oíclock. My friend reported similar effects except that he didnít vomit, that he felt some strong whistles and had nightmare CEVs (heís seen hell).

I donít exactly know what went wrong, but Iíve got three hypotheses:
-Iíve used excessive amounts of Syrian rue, which is naturally known to cause vomit when used in ayahuasca
-Iíve caused myself a serotoninergic syndrome
-I consumed mushrooms that had a high Tyramine content for being +1 months old

Whatever is the reason it was so unpleasant to make any possible positive result not worth it.

Exp Year: 2021ExpID: 115746
Published: Oct 3, 2021Views: 168
Syrian Rue (45), Mushrooms - P. cubensis (66) : Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)