New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Contribute $50 or more and get a piece of displayable
blotter art. These look great framed on the wall !
A Colourful Experience
Mushrooms & Cannabis
by xeps
Citation:   xeps. "A Colourful Experience: An Experience with Mushrooms & Cannabis (exp13331)". Mar 26, 2021.

T+ 0:00
Repeated bowls smoked Cannabis (flowers)
  T+ 1:50 1.75 g oral Mushrooms (dried)


The same friend who I had dealed with before to get weed had apparently met a source who had magic mushrooms. He told me of this and I was quite delighted as I couldn't find any acid / shrooms before. We arranged to all trip at my house on a Friday, after school. Soon enough, the long-awaited (well, I had been waiting since Tuesday and that seemed like an eternity) arrived. We read about problems with nausea and food, so we decided not to eat before the trip. The last time I had eaten during that day was 12:00pm, and apparently, all that L had that day was a few crackers.

A came to my house at around 7:00pm and immediately wanted to ingest the mushrooms. Since I had no experience with such psychedelic substances, I thought that perhaps A might become out of control and I decided to wait for L. L came to my house at 8:30pm, after getting lost in my neighborhood. L and A had recommended that we get honey as shrooms were supposedly really bad tasting. We walked to Safeway (after L and I toked up a bowl =) ) and I bought some honey for all of us.

A ingested his half eighth (~1.75g) of shrooms at around 9:30pm. L and I decided that we should watch Alice in Wonderland; A was lying on my bed watching also. I don't know how much time had passed, but, after what seemed to be about 20 minutes, A looked at L's monitor (all of us had our computers in my room) and commented about how the colours were flowing. We thought it was pretty cool. I wanted to talk to A more about what he was feeling, but all I could get out of him was 'Shut the fuck up.' L and I decided to ingest the shrooms together at 11:20pm, after my parents had went to sleep and we felt that my parents would not come to bother us ...

I found the taste of mushrooms to be quite disgusting, even with lots of honey to mask the taste. I ended up pouring a bunch of honey in my mouth, putting in the mushrooms, pouring more honey, chewing them up a bit and when I began tasting them, I would wash everything down with some soda. My first feelings were that of fear and anxiety. I was afraid that I would 'freak out' and that I would get a bad trip or something. This is somewhat hazy, but my first visible effects came after what seemed like 15-20 minutes. L had effects first, but he had eaten his shrooms much faster than I had. I was lying on my bed (I had expelled A off of it) awaiting effects. The first effects I noticed were strange colours and patterns when I had my eyes closed; 'closed-eye visuals.' I also noticed that I began laughing at random things (I had known about this effect from my reading.) I thought that was pretty cool, but I had been expecting much more than that. I was in this for the total mindfuck, so to speak. Eventually, I began seeing swirls and all sorts of patterns everywhere with my eyes open. The swirls and everything were 'sharp' lines and they seemed to have a vast array of colours about them.

My mind began to think of really crazy things. I thought of all sorts of word combinations, but I wasn't in any shape to write these down; I'll get into that in a bit. We were all very quiet and basically enjoying our trips; I played music on my computer via xmms. I had previously made a playlist of all sorts of albums from bands that I liked, and then I randomized it. Our favourite song during the trip was Jefferson Airplane's 'White Rabbit'.

It was previously decided that we would go outside the house sometime at night and go to this public school by my house and fool around on the playground. We 'snuck' out of my house at about 1:00am and headed for the playground. At first, I was really quiet but I soon realized that since we were outside, we were free to talk. When we arrived at the school and became more talkative, I noticed a huge barrier in communication. We would all just start talking about our experience at the same time, and no one would listen to each other. We couldn't establish any form of moderation, and I couldn't get these wild ideas/thoughts out of my head into speech.

A kept on grabbing my arm and such (yes, he's obnoxious like this while sober, too) and it was really pissing me off. There I was, on top of some slide at the playground minding my own business and being a cloud, and A kept on grabbing me! I told him to stop grabbing me because I was being a cloud and his grabbing me was interfering with my being of a cloud. I don't know why I thought I was a 'cloud'; perhaps it's because I didn't really feel my body and that I would just 'hover' around with my eyes closed.
I don't know why I thought I was a 'cloud'; perhaps it's because I didn't really feel my body and that I would just 'hover' around with my eyes closed.
The visuals were probably most intense at around this period of time. I was amazed by the swirls and I saw tracers when I moved my hand around in front of my face. L agreed that A was being obnoxious, and he told him to give me some room. I tried to talk more about my feelings and visuals; I stated that a lot of these visuals reminded me of stuff I saw in The Beatles' 'Yellow Submarine' movie.

I felt that I needed to be alone for a little while, so I walked around the general area a bit, on my own. I returned to L and A and stated that I wanted to return home. There was nothing really to do there; the slides and everything were all wet, and it was pretty cold. We quietly returned home and I started drawing some art on my computer. I felt that I needed to make some really cool art with GIMP as a souvenir. I often make 'art' using GIMP while stoned; I use some of the 'Render' effects and then I would use a bunch of filters to create some cool psychedelic art. I just couldn't concentrate on my computer. I didn't see any purpose in this box in front of my face, but I forced myself to try to draw something. It ended up being a 1024x768 picture that basically had a black background and all sorts of colours everywhere. It was more or less what I was seeing around me. I titled the picture 'Chromatin Skyscraper

After the [partially] successful experiment with GIMP, I decided to go to my bed and enjoy the visuals. I could never sit still though; my room was this huge mess and I kept on worrying. I worried about a vast array of things: school, parents, being caught, etc. Most notably, since I hadn't eaten since 12pm, I thought I was going to die of starvation. I went to the scale in my bathroom and tried to read my weight; I thought it said 100lbs, but it was hard to read since the numbers were dancing. I couldn't believe that it was 100lbs though; if the scale truly had read correctly, I had lost 5lbs. This made me really sad..

So, I went back into my room and started trying to clean up everything. I made sure there were no baggies lying around or anything incriminating. I cleaned up a lot of stuff and then I noticed that the lamp shade on my bed-side lamp had been broken finally. A had apparently broken it, unintentionally. L and I were the only ones awake and I began talking to him about this. I felt really sad that my lamp was broken and I shared with him my concerns. We were actually able to hold a normal conversation; we both agreed that we were coming down, although I still saw quite a bit of visuals and my mindset was still not normal at all.

So, I finished cleaning up my room and then I went outside and made sure we didn't leave any trace of our presence outside the room. I checked to make sure that the thermostat was back to normal and I began preparing for my landing back to reality. It was about 3am now and I was really thirsty; I made a poor decision and drank a little soda. By 4am, I was still seeing effects and still quite worried about the next day, but I couldn't fall asleep. L seemed to be asleep already. I lay in my bed thinking and mostly worrying until 5am. Around this time, I fell asleep.

I felt that I hadn't prepared my environment well enough; I especially hadn't paid attention to making sure my trip was going to be worry free. If there's one thing I'm going to make sure next time I trip, I'm going to make sure that I don't have anything 'hanging over' me. There wasn't really anything hanging over me at the time either, but I didn't make this clear to myself while still sober; I hadn't packed the proverbial 'mental baggage' adequately.

The next day was pretty good. I woke up at around 12:30pm and L was already awake. A was still sleeping. L and I decided to get some breakfast as we hadn't eaten for 24 hours now. We woke A up and proceeded to the kitchen. I ate two large helpings of cereal and felt very relieved that I finally ate something.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 13331
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given 
Published: Mar 26, 2021Views: 305
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
Mushrooms (39) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Nature / Outdoors (23), Glowing Experiences (4), Difficult Experiences (5), Combinations (3), First Times (2), General (1)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults