A New Reality
Mushrooms
by thedude
Citation:   thedude. "A New Reality: An Experience with Mushrooms (exp16947)". Erowid.org. Apr 17, 2018. erowid.org/exp/16947

1.75 g oral Mushrooms (dried)

I picked up a 1/8 of shrooms from a guy and me and my friend immediately consumed them. I have tryed mushrooms before, but in a much smaller dose. At first I felt a little sick, but it quickly turned to mild euphoria. Then I went and sat down and began watching tv. I didn't really notice it until it felt like my whole body was growing roots and I was becoming anchored to the chair. I couldn't move for a while, but then my finger twitched and the rest of me was able to move around. Anytime I stoped moving my body would again become paralyzed until some external event forced me to move. So I watched tv for a while and I began to focus on little things with great intensity, like the glare of the lamp from behind me reflected on the screen. I also began to conserve words, only talking when absolutely necessary. And when I did it took alot of effort on my part. As the night went on I began to go deeper inside myself and had a harder time understanding what was happening on the tv. At my peak I remember I had a revelation about 'creating the world in which I exist', but I don't remember it in much detail. I felt like I discovered something and was afraid to lose it. Like a new me. Like I just woke up from a dream that I called my life. I was excited. Unfortunatly now that I have come back down, I don't remember or understand exactly what it was that I found.

Hopefully a stronger dose in a week or so will jog my memory :)

[Erowid Note: Driving while intoxicated, tripping, or extremely sleep deprived is dangerous and irresponsible because it endangers other people. Don't do it!]

Side effects were mild stomache pain and disorientation. Other then that it was a very pleasant experience. I had to drive at one point during the night.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 16947
Published: Apr 17, 2018Views: 605
Mushrooms (39) : General (1), Various (28)