Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
Better Off Eating Them
Mushrooms (P. cubensis)
by green mt. boy
Citation:   green mt. boy. "Better Off Eating Them: An Experience with Mushrooms (P. cubensis) (exp18385)". Erowid.org. Oct 23, 2002. erowid.org/exp/18385

6 hits smoked Mushrooms - P. cubensis (dried)

I decided to try smoking cubes after reading that this method might have some value, and being a curious individual. I had some shake left over from about 10 grams of pscylocibin cubensis mushrooms that were grown in upstate New York by a friend. I took 6 generous hits off of my pipe over a 5 minute period, holding each for around 30 seconds. Then I laid down on my bed and waited for the effects to kick in, if any.

Well, after about one minute i noticed a slight sort of warm buzzing feeling. This feeling continued to increase in intensity for about 6 minutes, accumulating to something similar to a light opiate high or moderate marijuana high. At that point the feeling began to subside and all effects were gone after around 25 minutes.

From this experience I'd say that this method is definitely not preferable and I'm probably better off saving my shake till the next time I eat mushrooms.

Exp Year: 2002ExpID: 18385
Published: Oct 23, 2002Views: 7,871
Mushrooms - P. cubensis (66) : First Times (2), Alone (16)