The Green Man
Mushrooms
by jax
Citation:   jax. "The Green Man: An Experience with Mushrooms (exp21082)". Erowid.org. Apr 17, 2018. erowid.org/exp/21082

3 g oral Mushrooms (dried)

My best friend had come to my grandparents lake place, and we wanted to bond on a mental level. Thinking mushrooms were the key, we crushed them up and added them to lemonade, swallowing the clumpy, earthy froth.

The effects came on for me within 15 minutes. Light headedness, relaxed muscles, and a desire to sit down and sink into a beach chair overwhelmed me. We got it together and took the boat out to the middle of the lake and watched puffy clouds spiral accross to sky. Beautiful blues and contrasting sharp whites enveloped me. The scene looked like something out of a time lapse photography. All was calm, until my friend started ranting about seeing the devil's faced shaped within a cloud. Him screaming, 'i see the devil!' wasn't something I could take at the moment so we headed back to shore.

On shore the forest beckoned and I followed a trail a ways into the woods. I had to pee, and as I stood doing so the bushes swayed and melted. I had the feeling someone was looking at me. I turned my head to see what it was, and the bushes leaves had become eyes, and they were turning to absorb the sun. Leafy arms reached out to me, I blinked, and it was over.

The vision is still with me, very vivid, and in a strange way comforting. From that day onward, I have felt that I am missing something, some part of the larger picture.
I plan someday to return to that place and try to recapture the moment I looked away, the moment I saw the green man.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 21082
Published: Apr 17, 2018Views: 538
Mushrooms (39) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Entities / Beings (37), General (1)