Great Personal Significance
Mushrooms - P. cubensis
by labyrinth13
Citation:   labyrinth13. "Great Personal Significance: An Experience with Mushrooms - P. cubensis (exp21895)". Erowid.org. Jan 4, 2021. erowid.org/exp/21895

oral Mushrooms - P. cubensis (dried)

I ate three medium size dried mushrooms of the psilocybe cubensis variety which I had grown myself.

As I began to come onto the mushrooms, I was greeted by some very intense visuals and a growing nausea that felt like a knot in my stomach. Although I never did throw up, this nausea eventually passed (and may have been in part due to a bit of nervousness on my part, as I have never quite gotten used to the tenseness one sometimes feels when first going up on entheogens). For support, I asked my wife to come into the room and she sat with me on the bed.

All of a sudden, I burst into a space where I was aware that the true nature of time and reality was that of an endless and infinite cycle; I found that I was caught up in the 'winds of time' and being carried through different corridors of time, through different lives and existences. I became aware that I had been and still was eternally cycling through countless numbers of lives, some good and some very unpleasant. In rapid succession I saw how I had lived and died in each life (it seemed like over a thousand) and that I had no control over how and where I would reincarnate to next.

Incredibly, my wife had suddenly taken on the look of an alien being and in my mind, I flashed on the notion that she was in fact a sort of 'guardian entity,' a being who was always with me, but who usually remained out of my 'normal' sight. I 'remembered' that as my guardian, he/she/it had been my guide throughout my entire existence and had accompanied me through all of my past lives over vast eons of time.

This entity and I were now in a sort of cosmic 'way station.' It seemed like I was suddenly remembering that this way station was a place that I returned to each time I was waiting to reincarnate into my next life as it now seemed that I had found myself in-between lives. I suddenly remembered that each time I died I came to this same way station where I would discuss the details of my previous life with my guardian alien, but that once I reincarnated, I would lose all memory of my guardian until the next time I returned to the way station. During all of this, it seemed to me that time had sped up and that days and years were passing by in seconds. After about two hours, I began to come down and return back into consensus reality.

This particular trip was one of my most intense (with mushrooms) and really fed my interest in learning more about what is the true nature of time, what exactly is behind the idea of reincarnation, and the shamanic belief that it is possible to journey to universes that exist parallel to our own and return with important information.

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 21895
Published: Jan 4, 2021Views: 321
Mushrooms - P. cubensis (66) : Mystical Experiences (9), Small Group (2-9) (17)