Follow @Erowid on Twitter!
Psilocybin And Cluster Headaches
Mushrooms - P. cubensis & LSD
by Baldheaded Weirdo
Citation:   Baldheaded Weirdo. "Psilocybin And Cluster Headaches: An Experience with Mushrooms - P. cubensis & LSD (exp24558)". Erowid.org. Jul 24, 2007. erowid.org/exp/24558

repeated   Mushrooms - P. cubensis
    repeated   LSD

I've suffered with episodic cluster headaches since I was 12. Every day basicly until I was about 15, which I hear is rare because most people have their first when they're in their early 20's, however I can't say thats true because I've never met another cluster head in person. To make a long and very painful story short, between the ages of 16 - 18 I experimented with LSD and mushrooms. This had nothing to do with the headaches it was just a young guy experimenting with drugs. 19 was the year that they started to get very bad and it was also the year I quit doing those things. I don't think that is a coincidence.

In December of 1999 I wanted to do something special for the millenium so I bought an oz. of mushrooms. I ate them over the course of January and went all of 2000 without a cluster, and was not attacked again until the summer of '01. I can't say the mushrooms are what did it, but I know that the only times in my life when I did not get these headaches, since I was 12, is when I had recently done some psilocybin.

Since I just read this article today I have not tried it as a preventative measure, but I intend to. I realize that it is probably illegal, but it CAN NOT be more dangerous than the host of drugs I have been prescribed over the past 15 years, and the side effects are actually fun instead of all the terrible crap that has happened to me due to the prescription drugs. I don't consider myself a dope head, and anyone who has seen a person deal with CH, and would refuse them ANY treatment that works, is a monster.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 24558
Published: Jul 24, 2007Views: 13,688
LSD (2), Mushrooms - P. cubensis (66) : Not Applicable (38), Health Benefits (32)